Ok I dont know which mod did this....

AJ

Reaction score
i dont know who put my personal thread into someone elses thread...but um let me just say its not cool at all. ok? it wasn't meant to be a post, it wasn't meant to alert the people that the croc hunter is dead it was a personal thread that i wanted feed back on. so now im gonna try and post it again here. and if it gets thrown into someone elses thread, im gonna be severely pissed.

so like all of you i heard about Steve's death, and i was in shock. and then after the shock wore off, i was angry. i was angry that someone like Steve was taken away. and then after being angry, i became really sad. Really sad. and yes, i cried.

i personally dont know this man, at all. i never met him, i never seen him from far away. i only watched him for 14 years on my television. and i feel really weird and confused on why i feel this way about a man i didn't know. and i thought about it, and this is what i came up with. something i call AJs Thoughts

AJs Thoughts

i think that we grieve so terribly over someone that we dont know is because, whether we personally know them or not, we know that they emit light into a world thats dark. something that is so desperately needed. and when they die, they cant shine that light anymore. they cant spread anymore light, and so that allows the dark to creep up on us again. and we're hurt because we know we've been robbed. we were robbed of someone so important not only to us but the world. the world needed these people. and even though things happen the way they do, because they are planned that way. it still feels like robbery.

"Death comes like a thief in the night to steal, while we sleep, the souls flickering light."
death comes when we least expect it, and we feel robbed.

"Its amazing how mortal Death can make you feel"
even the people we never dream of passing away do die, and that means that u are up for grabs too.

so, does it make me fucked up that i cried over a man i didnt know? and why did this have to happen? i feel like i lost part of my family.

I understand and agree with you... I feel same way when i found out about Steve Irwin....

It had hurt my heart too when I read that Steve died. I loved watching his tv shows because his is sooo different from other animal shows. He let us learn about animals up close. He risked his life for us all because he loved animals and want us to know more about them. He added excitement to the show.

AJ, you're not the only one who cried for him even though u have never met him. Many of us all over the world also mourned for him.

Mod Note:

I can sympathize with the fact that your post/thread was moved, during the night (Sunday night/Monday morning), I had merged several threads into one, it's how it is...and wouldn't have been surprised if others were eventually merged as well. Next time, I would suggest that you add a 'note' to your post/thread requesting that this thread that is similar to another thread covering the same sort of topic 'NOT' be merged with either an inactive or active thread. The Mod Team do not merge threads just because we prefer to do so, it's just one of the duties we carry out when similar topics and discussions is basically identical. Please see that point of view--ok?

Although, I do apologize on behalf of AD that your intent wasn't recognized, it'll sure help 'us', the Mod Team and Administration to 'communicate', afterall, I don't think any one of us on the Mod Team have any sort of power to 'read minds' and specifically know the desires and intent a certain member desires or wishes. ;)

~RR

I'm still shocked myself. He was a great guy. I watched him also for years. Death is a part of life. Which is had to understand sometimes. It is amazing how you never meet someone like that & how your heart felt towards him. Its a very very tough loss indeed:(

Yeah Yeah!! I felt the same way you felt when a mod merged my topic into someone else's thread. :pissed: :pissed: and am still :pissed: :mad:

I felt I have the right to post to announce Steve Irwin's death FIRST as I am an Australian and felt that other thread starter is wrong as he/she is not an Aussie. It's a duty for any aussie member to announce their fellow aussie death FIRST. I find it a very BIG insult when non-aussie to post an announcement.

And yes, it is very sad that Steve's sudden death. It has shock many many people not just in Australia but all over the world. It touch everyone's heart as he is a most popular guy around the world. My heart goes out to his wife and his two children at this sad moment.

hey AJ
you are not alone here ADers felt the same about steve

i got sick after hearing the news i got the shock SO bad that i got sick
still i am in shocked the shocked have not wore off yet
i cried very hard and my parents were puzzle but i scoffs them off

sighs

it's odd and amazing that we are able to connect with someone we never even talked to. it feels like i lost a part of my family. and it amazes me that those feelings come to me.

I felt I have the right to post to announce Steve Irwin's death FIRST as I am an Australian and felt that other thread starter is wrong as he/she is not an Aussie. It's a duty for any aussie member to announce their fellow aussie death FIRST. I find it a very BIG insult when non-aussie to post an announcement.

hold your horses, dont need to ruffle your feathers over being first in line....

how is this an justification to be first in the line? just because he was a fellow aussie doesn't mean anything- REMEMBER if youre going to use this type of logic- then who was the one who brought the steve irwin's bloodline into this world... An American.

just had to say my two cents...

Yeah Yeah!! I felt the same way you felt when a mod merged my topic into someone else's thread. :pissed: :pissed: and am still :pissed: :mad:

I can understand where you come from but the news spread out to the world... That´s how people from other countries learn before Austrialians. Sometimes I learn something from America before Americans or they learn something from Germany before Germans... It spreads out to the world real fast than we thought.

And yes, it is very sad that Steve's sudden death. It has shock many many people not just in Australia but all over the world. It touch everyone's heart as he is a most popular guy around the world. My heart goes out to his wife and his two children at this sad moment

Yes I have the same feeling as everyone... It hurts me and my family real alot because we love him and his shows... I know we didn´t meet him in real life but we already know him from TV for years and know his history... I can´t image for no more TV shows in the future but I hope his shows will be repeat.... we love to watch him repeat...

Someone deleted my post as well about the lesson should be learned from steves death.Im sorry but comon sence says you dont play with or fool with dangerous animals like alligators,Crocs,Snakes,Scorpions and Big Cats.These animals focus one thing in their minds is to kill.GOD Made these animals to kill not to be mans pet.Just like Jacques Cousteau who fooled with Dangerous Sharks,and Octopus.These Animals are not for men to challenge.NOT EVEN BEARS you wanna fool around with.If anyone watched Gunther Gebel-Williams got killed in a circus accident a tiger attacked and killed him is another lesson to be learned.You just dont dare animals to entertain people.I think now Congress should pass a law to ban entertainment on certain animals.If Hollywood produces another movie on danger animal list.The Producer and Actor pays a $10,000 fine plus 30 days in jail.And put an end in lion tamers in the circus too.Just like its against the Law on bullfights,,Pitbull Fights and Cock Fighting in america.I think it should be against the law to attempt Bear Wrestling and Gator Wrestling as well.Any attempt to wrestle a bear or gator cops should arrest you put you in jail and judge sentence you 5 years in federal prison.So i think a lesson should be learned from steves death.

Someone deleted my post as well about the lesson should be learned from steves death.Im sorry but comon sence says you dont play with or fool with dangerous animals like alligators,Crocs,Snakes,Scorpions and Big Cats.These animals focus one thing in their minds is to kill.GOD Made these animals to kill not to be mans pet.Just like Jacques Cousteau who fooled with Dangerous Sharks,and Octopus.These Animals are not for men to challenge.NOT EVEN BEARS you wanna fool around with.If anyone watched Gunther Gebel-Williams got killed in a circus accident a tiger attacked and killed him is another lesson to be learned.You just dont dare animals to entertain people.I think now Congress should pass a law to ban entertainment on certain animals.If Hollywood produces another movie on danger animal list.The Producer and Actor pays a $10,000 fine plus 30 days in jail.And put an end in lion tamers in the circus too.Just like its against the Law on bullfights,,Pitbull Fights and Cock Fighting in america.I think it should be against the law to attempt Bear Wrestling and Gator Wrestling as well.Any attempt to wrestle a bear or gator cops should arrest you put you in jail and judge sentence you 5 years in federal prison.So i think a lesson should be learned from steves death.

Mind you pretty please respect Mod whoever deleted yours which it's good reason.. Why can't you quit or cry-mockery? Please remain silent and respect AD!? Can you do tha.... ?

In a way he was a lucky man .he spent every day of his life doing the things he loved .I bet he never got up and thought I don’t want to go to work today .He had a lovely wife to sweet kids .I would rather live to 44 and spend very day loving life than live to 60 hating my life. His death I believe was sudden and painless best way to go .Die doing something you love.

I feel for his family those who are left behind they have to cope with the pain of missing him.

I will miss him too always watched him from behind a cushion lol :( :sadwave:

If the members reposted the same thread. MOD can copy and paste to be merge in the same thread. It is not necessary to remove their comment about Steve Irwins. Some of us wanted to expression about our feelings in the repost same topic about Steve Irwins. Mod can cut and paste other comment into merge thread.

I can see some of members are upset for remove their posts. Hope, Alex can have a meeting with the moderators to find a way how make the members feel satisfactory with their performance and respect for other members.

MOD can PM to the members to explain them why their posts had been removal.

I just make this suggestions. :)

Thanks

Kalista

Put a cork in it.

I can see what your getting at .
Steve knew what he was doing was dangerous .If you play with fire you will get burnt .
Steve how ever was a much loved man and did a lot of work to save wild life.
He tought us alot.

There is nothing wrong with people missing him .

I for one will.

I understand how you feel.

Please stop being selfish. Aussie person already announce this news to all the world. That are not our fault to post this thread because We respect Steve Irwin and we liked him. Remember that Diana Spencer's story spread over so fast in the all world. Everyone knew her like Steve Irwin. We cannot blame each other over who announce that they belong to country. I am sorry how you feel this way.

And yes, it is very sad that Steve's sudden death. It has shock many many people not just in Australia but all over the world. It touch everyone's heart as he is a most popular guy around the world. My heart goes out to his wife and his two children at this sad moment.

Of course it was so shocked. I liked Steve and his wife. Their shows were so good.

Hi Koala,

I understand how you feel.

Please stop being selfish. Aussie person already announce this news to all the world. That are not our fault to post this thread because We respect Steve Irwin and we liked him. Remember that Diana Spencer's story spread over so fast in the all world. Everyone knew her like Steve Irwin. We cannot blame each other over who announce that they belong to country. I am sorry how you feel this way.

Of course it was so shocked. I liked Steve and his wife. Their shows were so good. [/QUOTE]

hold your horses, dont need to ruffle your feathers over being first in line....

how is this an justification to be first in the line? just because he was a fellow aussie doesn't mean anything- REMEMBER if youre going to use this type of logic- then who was the one who brought the steve irwin's bloodline into this world... An American.

just had to say my two cents...

:sure:

He was Australian - born and bred and died in AUSTRALIA, the only connect about American is his wife Terri.

They first met and fall in love at Queensland, Australia, and chose to live and work in Queensland, Australia.

Their two children born and bred Australian. Only first generation half American in them.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back