Ohio man excuted after vulgar last gesture

At least one judge said his ruling would have been different if he was shown all the evidence.

Right. Had the information been provided at the time of sentencing, appeals would never have been an issue.

And the Supreme Court, as far back as 1986, still handed down a ruling against execution of mentally ill, cognitively impaired, and juvenile offenders.

But the appeals courts since then have agreed with the sentence..... *shrug*

Not since then. At the same time. Point being, the judge who has spoken out would not have voted for the death penalty had he had the information that was willfullly withheld by the prosecutors. That means he would never have been sentenced to death.

The sad part is, he was executed, and the mentally ill are locked away, forgotten, and executed without conscious. What a shame there is no one close to this man that could sue for wrongful death.

if it were up to me, I'd put him in prison for life without parole and that's me being merciful because I took death penalty off the table when this action is typically an automatic death penalty.

Merciful? Was the pedophile merciful when he molested the child? Obviously not.

Why should any sick and deviant criminal receive mercy when their victims received none?

Such thinking is a slap on the faces of the victims.

Yiz

Merciful? Was the pedophile merciful when he molested the child? Obviously not.

Why should any sick and deviant criminal receive mercy when their victims received none?

Such thinking is a slap on the faces of the victims.

Yiz

Again, you are confused. The man in the OP didn't molest any children. You are just fixated on child molestors.

It might be a slap in the face to you, but that is neither here nor there. That is yours to deal with. You are quite presumptious and egotistical to think that you speak for all victims. Deal with your issues.

Again, you are confused. The man in the OP didn't molest any children. You are just fixated on child molestors.

It might be a slap in the face to you, but that is neither here nor there. That is yours to deal with. You are quite presumptious and egotistical to think that you speak for all victims. Deal with your issues.

Not a fixation, but making a point, a point that you are too blind to the obvious. As I said before, until such deviant crimes happens to you and your family members, your thought process on the issue may very well change.

Hypocrites talk the talk, thinking they're smarter and mightier than others, until their world shatters into a fragile state.

Hopefully no such deviant crimes ever occur to you or your family members, I would never wish it on anyone.

Yiz

Not a fixation, but making a point, a point that you are too blind to the obvious. As I said before, until such deviant crimes happens to you and your family members, your thought process on the issue may very well change.

Hypocrites talk the talk, thinking they're smarter and mightier than others, until their world shatters into a fragile state.

Hopefully no such deviant crimes ever occur to you or your family members, I would never wish it on anyone.

Yiz

Again, this was not a case of child molestation. You bring molestation into any and all topics that have anything to do with criminal behavior. Get professional help and deal with your issues.

Again, this was not a case of child molestation. You bring molestation into any and all topics that have anything to do with criminal behavior. Get professional help and deal with your issues.

I'm talking ANY deviant and capital crimes, not just CM alone.

Talk all you want, UNTIL it happens to you.

I love the irony of it all when it happens to them, watched them changed their minds in a hurry after witnessing a very horrible crime firsthand. YOU will want the guy dead, one way or another.

Yiz

I'm talking ANY deviant and capital crimes, not just CM alone.

Talk all you want, UNTIL it happens to you.

I love the irony of it all when it happens to them, watched them changed their minds in a hurry after witnessing a very horrible crime firsthand. YOU will want the guy dead, one way or another.

Yiz

You miss the point. The penalty for crimes should not be decided by the victim. Penalty for crimes should be decided by society. If we let the victim decide the penalty, who can claim that the guy that shot someone for looking at him the wrong way was wrong?

What happens when the wrong person is implicated in a crime? We require the justice system to remove the victim from deciding the penalty for a reason. Some countries do let the victim decide and we consider them barbaric.

If we as a society decide thatncapitol punishment of the mentally ill is wrong then we should follow that rule even if a mentally ill person commits a crime against one of us.

Not since then. At the same time. Point being, the judge who has spoken out would not have voted for the death penalty had he had the information that was willfullly withheld by the prosecutors. That means he would never have been sentenced to death.

Appeals courts don't normally rule at the same time. As for the rest of it, the appeals courts believe he made the right call.

You miss the point. The penalty for crimes should not be decided by the victim. Penalty for crimes should be decided by society. If we let the victim decide the penalty, who can claim that the guy that shot someone for looking at him the wrong way was wrong?

What happens when the wrong person is implicated in a crime? We require the justice system to remove the victim from deciding the penalty for a reason. Some countries do let the victim decide and we consider them barbaric.

If we as a society decide thatncapitol punishment of the mentally ill is wrong then we should follow that rule even if a mentally ill person commits a crime against one of us.

But in this case the appeals courts did not buy the "mentally ill" claim. I think most of us agree the TRULY mentally ill, who have no understanding of right and wrong, should not be put to death

But in this case the appeals courts did not buy the "mentally ill" claim. I think most of us agree the TRULY mentally ill, who have no understanding of right and wrong, should not be put to death

Ye gods. NO ONE should be put to death.

Thou shalt not kill/murder/cause human death in any way you interpret it.

Back