Official Presidential and Congressional Election Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSNBC says Obama leads McCain in electoral votes 195 to 76.

Kentucky.

And I think by the end of the night, the Dems will have their filibuster-proof majority.

Thanks.

That is what I'm afraid of. Like I said earlier, I don't want to see a total control by one party.

Obama is the projected winner in the battleground state of Ohio.

That's an excellent start for Obama given the fact that no Presidential candidate has ever gone on to the White House without winning the state of Ohio.

Notice something about the large cities and rurals voting map repeating in general... (pres electorial votes only)

large cities = Blue

rurals = RED

It's always been that way for years - nothing new!

Not in Vermont, which is 98% rural.

Obama is catching up on McCain by his ass' length in Virginia!

Notice something about the large cities and rurals voting map repeating in general... (pres electorial votes only)

large cities = Blue

rurals = RED

It's always been that way for years - nothing new!

And not in Wisconsin either. Most of Wisconsin is rural except for the southern part of the state.

An old fart named Mitch McConnell keeps a seat in Senate for Republicans.

Yep, Ugh, I am already tired of seeing Mitch McConnell keeping a seat in the Senate. I was hoping Bruce Lunsford would get the seat.

194-69 for Obama!

He just needs 76 electoral votes to secure his victory!

Unless one of very blue state turn red, Obama is the winner.

MSNBC: Obama 200 McCain 90.

Only 270 electoral votes needed to win!

Obama's still winning FL according to MSNBC.

The good thing is that most of the far Western states have yet to finish voting.

Vermont doesn't have a large city.

(more than 700k for a large city which I actually meant for)

Burlington is pretty big and if you include the Greater Burlington area (Essex, Essex Junction, Milton, Williston, South Burlington and Winooski), it's still quite a big area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back