Official Presidential and Congressional Election Night Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because all you did was quote the "Pledge of Allegiance." I don't consider that sufficient evidence to back up your argument.

I'm amazed that you really don't see it. I've also put in dictionary meaning. Did you not read that?

Oh well, To each their own.

I'm amazed that you really don't see it. I've also put in dictionary meaning. Did you not read that?
To each their own.

To each their own. I believe America is a democracy and you believe it isn't. It's a free country, remember?

What are you worry about?
You saying I didn't find this kind of amazing transformation in short time?

it's a rhetoric comment. It means that this great country was only a couple hundred years old and yet - we've went thru many transformations in a very SHORT time compared to other countries that went thru same thing for thousand of years... most never made it that far.

truly amazing country we have.... :cool2:

You do not find this kind of amazing transformation in SHORT time in any other country. God Bless America! :cool2:

God Bless America. Unto this day ( and I say this unto us all - I do not use commas because others accuse me of being an anti-comma person - with great consideration) I declare that these UNITED STATES of AMERICANS have voted. Obviously. Obama has won: the pendulum has swung and those, who hate Obama, say that I hate everyone.

Typical Democrat. OBVIOUS.

To each their own. I believe America is a democracy and you believe it isn't. It's a free country, remember?

I never said it's not a democracy! The actual term for our government is called republic which is a form of democracy. That is why sometimes a person that got majority of votes doesn't become president.

I never said it's not a democracy! The actual term for our government is called republic which is a form of democracy. That is why sometimes a person that got majority of votes doesn't become president.

A republic is a form of democracy? Whoa . . . Whoa, nelly . . .

Hear Again, USA is actually Republic and Democracy. Because Republic means "public matter" and also means that USA is not ruled by a monarchy but head of state. Democracy means that USA is guided by a head of government that are elected by people (referring to "We, the People, Of the United State of America...")

So Republic is head of state + Democracy is head of government then type of the government in the USA is based on presidential system.

Ok, good night again everyone! Let us move on forward!

Hear Again, USA is actually Republic and Democracy. Because Republic means "public matter" and also means that USA is not ruled by a monarchy but head of state. Democracy means that USA is guided by a head of government that is elected by people (referring to "We, the People, Of the United State of America..."

So Republic is head of state + Democracy is head of government then type of the government in the USA is based on presidential system.

There you nail it! I couldn't even say any better than this. GN!

Hear Again, USA is actually Republic and Democracy. Because Republic means "public matter" and also means that USA is not ruled by a monarchy but head of state. Democracy means that USA is guided by a head of government that are elected by people (referring to "We, the People, Of the United State of America...")

Thank you very much, Boult. Now *there's* an answer I can accept. :)

There's no need to shout at me. If you'd like a *real* argument, I can give you one. I'm manic right now and believe me, I'm *not* pretty when I'm manic.

Whether you like him or not, Barack Obama is our new President-elect.

Get used to it or STFU.

Thank you very much, Boult. Now *there's* an answer I can accept. :)

Glad that Boult could clear this Republic definition for you (and for us).

Gonna quit for the night - good night!

Obamaaaa!! :D

some AD'ers are still shit-mudslinging at each other over result of election. Personally - I think they should STFU and just look FORWARD to the future. What's done is done. :cool2:

I agree with you, Jiro! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back