Odd questions from hearing people

Ive always wndered why the hell we're called death instead of deaf. >.>

I had an x-ray technician ask me today if being deaf hurt my head or ears. I asked, do you mean, did I hurt myself and then lose my hearing, she said no, I just want to know if you walk around in pain since you can't hear. :shock:

I had an x-ray technician ask me today if being deaf hurt my head or ears. I asked, do you mean, did I hurt myself and then lose my hearing, she said no, I just want to know if you walk around in pain since you can't hear. :shock:

The scary part is, this dumb technician is making medical decisions for us...

Also:

When my boy was about 3-4 years old and had obvious developmental issues, three psychologists told us that it is probably because we are deaf and cannot communicate with him. This was about 16 years ago.

He still has speech issues. My parents believe it is because we cannot hear his speech impediments. (Then how come our daughter has perfect speech and English skills?)

He turned out to be autistic, just as we expected....:roll:

A friend once told me about the time she was flying and the flight attendant had asked if she wanted anything. My friend said that she was deaf and was about to say for her to please look at her as she lipreads. FA gets look of regret on face and walks to her galley, and comes back with a braille menu!!!:laugh2::laugh2:

My hubby and I were in line to vote today and we were signing. A lady asked someone else what we were doing and my hubby overheard her and replied saying that we are using ASL. The woman was like "Why" and he said that my wife is deaf and guess what she asked my hubby?

"Can deaf people vote?'

WHAT THE FFFFUUUDDDGEEE??? That was a new one for me!

My hubby and I were in line to vote today and we were signing. A lady asked someone else what we were doing and my hubby overheard her and replied saying that we are using ASL. The woman was like "Why" and he said that my wife is deaf and guess what she asked my hubby?

"Can deaf people vote?'

:lol:

"Can deaf people vote?'

Oh man!!

At least you don't come the the part of the country that was famous a number a years ago for the "hanging chads" or the "dropped chads".

. . . I've also been asked "Why don't you eat at the picnic table with the rest of us?"

"Because I can't keep up with what everyone is saying".

. . .

So, take them up on it without giving your life history. No all hearies are idiots, just like not all deaf/hoh's are idiots.

. . . I've encountered many older people, who were hearing all their lives, but now are severely HOH or deaf. It comes with age, too. They know no sign language, know nothing about the deaf culture. They become depressed over it and isolated, even suicidal. Compassion is needed.

To be equally pragmatic, rockin'robin, a person doesn't have to know about deaf culture when they lose their hearing, nor is it important to. My dad cried the day he received hearing aids, so he knows what I've gone through. I let people be people, but when my rights, as a deaf/hoh person are infringed on, I'm very quick to react.

If you really want to know how stupid hearies are, watch them around my Hearing Dog, Snickers. You would flip.

To be equally pragmatic, rockin'robin, a person doesn't have to know about deaf culture when they lose their hearing, nor is it important to. My dad cried the day he received hearing aids, so he knows what I've gone through. I let people be people, but when my rights, as a deaf/hoh person are infringed on, I'm very quick to react.

If you really want to know how stupid hearies are, watch them around my Hearing Dog, Snickers. You would flip.

What about people who don't receive the full benefits of hearing aids, nor qualify for implants?

There are lots of elderly who fits in that category.

i was asked once: do deaf people have sex?

I replied: Does a cow give milk in the woods?

:laugh2: real good one.. and get that some hearing people think I can't talk oh gimme a break I can talk real good when I'm really pissed.. that can scare anyone away from me :cool2: and yep I do eat alone once in a while and people thinks it's odd but I don't care cuz hearing people does eat alone so what difference it makes?!?! morons.... :roll:

What about people who don't receive the full benefits of hearing aids, nor qualify for implants?

There are lots of elderly who fits in that category.

What about them, souggy?

A friend once told me about the time she was flying and the flight attendant had asked if she wanted anything. My friend said that she was deaf and was about to say for her to please look at her as she lipreads. FA gets look of regret on face and walks to her galley, and comes back with a braille menu!!!:laugh2::laugh2:

:shock: Time for the airlines to hire new flight attendants. Ones with at least a portion of the English language uploaded into their brains.

I remember in high school I was stopped by campus security asking me to surrender my "radio".

I pointed at my HA and the cord that pointed to a FM system, he still looked confused. I had to take my HA out, explain to him for 5 mins that it wasn't a music player for him to finally let me go.

Many hearing people don't have common sense; they need to be educated!!!
Jeez... :roll:

I've had at least 2 guys ask me how I am able to enjoy sex without hearing anything...

I remember when I was little, a stranger came up to us and asked us for the football scores from my HAs! My stepdad said 'No, she's deaf and Hearing Aids isn't a radio' something like that.

:lol::lol: LOL thats a really good one !! I love that one Missy..

Back