Obama supports Mosque at Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay!

Adopted? How was the practices seen in the video be seen as being "adopted"?

Rather a curious response for a guy who didn't watch the entire video.
Catching any?

wh0dva.jpg

The whole point of the video (yes I did watch it) is to somehow draw a parallel to this happening in the future here in the US. I simply cannot believe this would be allowed. Isn't that something the anticipated Conservative majority would protect us from? Fear of people that are different is not really a Christian lesson. Maybe I missed that part, or it was not included in my Bible.

Another thought, just for kicks: almost all the illegal Hispanics are Christians. Might be a good idea to keep some around, to keep the percentages high. :hmm:

Won't happen? That's what France thought some years back but it's happening in of all cities Paris. Would you be willing to stake your life that this won't happen?

If they're illegal, they go back whence they come from.

Won't happen? That's what France thought some years back but it's happening in of all cities Paris. Would you be willing to stake your life that this won't happen?
I am not worried. Are you? Until Muslims comprise a significant portion of the voter base, there is not a politician in sight that would permit this.

France is kind of their own country, no? Are we going to follow suit? Have we ever followed the French at anything?

I am not worried. Are you? Until Muslims comprise a significant portion of the voter base, there is not a politician in sight that would permit this.

France is kind of their own country, no? Are we going to follow suit? Have we ever followed the French at anything?

What would this "significant portion" be in order for you to start "worrying"? Percentage-wise, that is.

What would this "significant portion" be in order for you to start "worrying"? Percentage-wise, that is.
And here I thought you designed the political machine. Lets say....21.532%

When these "roaches" can start getting people elected, and start having some serious sway in the laws coming down, then we better run for the hills. Until then, it is just fearmongering because you do not agree with them, same as how you deal with Liberals. Oh no, they live! :Ohno:

And here I thought you designed the political machine. Lets say....21.532%

When these "roaches" can start getting people elected, and start having some serious sway in the laws coming down, then we better run for the hills. Until then, it is just fearmongering because you do not agree with them, same as how you deal with Liberals. Oh no, they live! :Ohno:

You might want to revise that percentage again. If it approached that number by then it's too late to worry. Start a little earlier than that on who gets into certain position of power and influence, and where they tend to concentrate.

France's own Muslim population is around 10%. But it should be higher in cities.

You might want to revise that percentage again. If it approached that number by then it's too late to worry. Start a little earlier than that on who gets into certain position of power and influence, and where they tend to concentrate.

France's own Muslim population is around 10%. But it should be higher in cities.

How do you plan to block this "invasion" of Muslims?

From The Constitution: Amendment #1: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Are people not free to worship as they choose? Did I read this correctly?

Well, thats it for me. This topic will never end without getting locked into religion limbo.

How do you plan to block this "invasion" of Muslims?

From The Constitution: Amendment #1: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Are people not free to worship as they choose? Did I read this correctly?

Well, thats it for me. This topic will never end without getting locked into religion limbo.

In other words, you'd accept and allow Sharia Law to be established in the United States?

In other words, you'd accept and allow Sharia Law to be established in the United States?
I read the Amendment. I don't see a way out. Somebody better rewrite the thing and fast. Maybe it is oudated? Maybe so is the "right to bear arms" part. I am not going there...

Still have not seen a suggestion from you, other than to create a feeling of impending doom. What do you suggest? Should we ban Muslims?

And so at your magical 21% line anything above that you'd justify a ban of some sort? Some restriction? What is your limit?

If they don't mess with the U.S. Constitution and pervert the laws to benefit their movements, then yes, we'd have to take some measures.

Now, again, the Sharia question, you haven't really answered it.

And so at your magical 21% line anything above that you'd justify a ban of some sort? Some restriction? What is your limit?

If they don't mess with the U.S. Constitution and pervert the laws to benefit their movements, then yes, we'd have to take some measures.

Now, again, the Sharia question, you haven't really answered it.
The 21% line was just a dart thrown at the board. No significance to it. Just a starting point.

The Constitution seems pretty clear to me. They are entitled to worship in the way they see fit, without interference from the US government. They are permitted to engage in peaceful demonstrations. Things will come up as time goes by. They will need to be addressed by laws and Supreme Court rulings. I am not offering any views other than to say the Constitution seems to address this pretty clearly. I have had to listen to gun zealots that read the Constitution to say they can own bazookas if they choose. Do we continue to keep one seemingly outdated amendment intact, while rewriting or removing another?

Sharia Law is a bit complicated. I am no expert on deciphering all the legal implications of it. It does not mesh well with the way things are currently done. I could see that causing fear in people that are against change.

The 21% line was just a dart thrown at the board. No significance to it. Just a starting point.

The Constitution seems pretty clear to me. They are entitled to worship in the way they see fit, without interference from the US government. They are permitted to engage in peaceful demonstrations. Things will come up as time goes by. They will need to be addressed by laws and Supreme Court rulings. I am not offering any views other than to say the Constitution seems to address this pretty clearly. I have had to listen to gun zealots that read the Constitution to say they can own bazookas if they choose. Do we continue to keep one seemingly outdated amendment intact, while rewriting or removing another?

Sharia Law is a bit complicated. I am no expert on deciphering all the legal implications of it. It does not mesh well with the way things are currently done. I could see that causing fear in people that are against change.

Again, dodging the question. Suppose it's 25% or 30%. What would you do then? Would you start favoring some kind of restriction or ban?

Which means that you wouldn't mind Sharia Law be allowed in the U.S. because it is a part of their religious establishment and that the U.S. Constitution would allow that?

There is no limitation then that you wouldn't mind whatever happens?

Don't be coy.

Again, dodging the question. Suppose it's 25% or 30%. What would you do then? Would you start favoring some kind of restriction or ban?

Which means that you wouldn't mind Sharia Law be allowed in the U.S. because it is a part of their religious establishment and that the U.S. Constitution would allow that?

There is no limitation then that you wouldn't mind whatever happens?

Don't be coy.
I have said, the Constitution is pretty clear. I am in favor of the Constitution, since we have used that as our guideline for over 200 years. Rewrite it? Perhaps. There are areas that are outdated. It was written before a lot of things they could never have planned for. That is my opinion.

You have hidden behind the curtains here, showering me with questions, but you have offered nothing in return. I think I smell fear coming from you; fear that Muslims will force themselves into your world. What is your plan?

I have said, the Constitution is pretty clear. I am in favor of the Constitution, since we have used that as our guideline for over 200 years. Rewrite it? Perhaps. There are areas that are outdated. It was written before a lot of things they could never have planned for. That is my opinion.

You have hidden behind the curtains here, showering me with questions, but you have offered nothing in return. I think I smell fear coming from you; fear that Muslims will force themselves into your world. What is your plan?

And you don't mind Sharia Law in the U.S, is that what you're saying? You've not said one word edgewise regarding that.

And you don't mind Sharia Law in the U.S, is that what you're saying? You've not said one word edgewise regarding that.
I said I back the Constitution on this. It means that I stand behind it, no matter what. If they do not change it, I accept the results, same as for everything else. GET IT? How many times do I need to say this? You have done nothing but railroad my opinion out me, without offering ANYTHING in return. If this occurs, and the law states that is is allowed to occur, and this law stays unchanged, then I will fight to the death to defend it. OK?

What do you offer for a plan? Ban the Muslims? Change the Constitution? Force the US government to act to protect your interests? WHAT IS YOUR PLAN?

I said I back the Constitution on this. It means that I stand behind it, no matter what. If they do not change it, I accept the results, same as for everything else. GET IT? How many times do I need to say this? You have done nothing but railroad my opinion out me, without offering ANYTHING in return. If this occurs, and the law states that is is allowed to occur, and this law stays unchanged, then I will fight to the death to defend it. OK?

What do you offer for a plan? Ban the Muslims? Change the Constitution? Force the US government to act to protect your interests? WHAT IS YOUR PLAN?

To say that you back the U.S. Constitution says nothing about Sharia Law (but a good thing to say by backing it) which is why I ask you specifically about Sharia Law because U.S. courts could conceivably agree that Sharia Law can be established for a certain religious group using their own interpretation of the U.S. Constitution. Now, you said you would fight to the death to defend it. Defend what? The U.S. Constitution? Or the interpretation of the U.S. Constitution in allowing Sharia Law take place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back