Obama supports Mosque at Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Done in poor taste in the memory of those murdered on 9/11 that day.

Also, in France they're facing a real problem on the creeping Islamization of Paris. Watch the video. It'll give you pause on how it's being taken over. The video has some subtitling and texts but you'll understand just by watching it.

CBN: ‘Islamization’ of Paris a Warning to the West
So, freedom to own a gun, but not freedom to worship differently? Got it.

You make it sound like Islamics are nothing more than roaches taking over Paris. We all know that the French will surrender to anyone. :eek3:

Alright. We can agree to disagree on the topics, but respect as individuals. I expect nothing more.

After noting where the planned mosque is located, I really don't see an issue with it. It is a few blocks away. There were followers of that religion innocently killed due to the terrorists. The fact that the terrorists were radical Muslims has jaded people's views a bit. When McVeigh, Nichols, and Fortier did their terrorist act, they may have been Christians, albeit poor ones. I would speculate that there were followers of Islam killed by them. I also doubt that there was any issues with building a Christian memorial near the site of the bombing. Just because these few Muslims killed in the name of Allah does not brand all Muslims as terrorists. The planned mosque is not to honor those hijackers; it is to honor those innocents that died.

No, McVeigh was not a Christian. This was an oft repeated lie told many times. He said that "science was his religion" and that he's agnostic.
McVeigh faces day of reckoning | World news | The Guardian

As for the "science is my religion" that was in a biography book, the only book authorized by McVeigh written in the "American Terrorist" on page 142–143.

So, freedom to own a gun, but not freedom to worship differently? Got it.

You make it sound like Islamics are nothing more than roaches taking over Paris. We all know that the French will surrender to anyone. :eek3:

Watch the video. Blocking the streets, on purpose, five times daily with a mass of crowd. One can do the worshipping but they are doing it by flaunting their will.

Did you watch the video or just like to throw mindless glibs at will? It's an undercover camera that the news reported on.

No, McVeigh was not a Christian. This was an oft repeated lie told many times. He said that "science was his religion" and that he's agnostic.
McVeigh faces day of reckoning | World news | The Guardian

As for the "science is my religion" that was in a biography book, the only book authorized by McVeigh written in the "American Terrorist" on page 142–143.

What about the other two? Even if he was a Christian, he certainly is not worshipping the same God as I am. I would not consider them Christians, but I also would not consider the 9/11 terrorists as Muslims. Just because they chanted "Praise Allah" does not make the true Muslims.

What about the other two? Even if he was a Christian, he certainly is not worshipping the same God as I am. I would not consider them Christians, but I also would not consider the 9/11 terrorists as Muslims. Just because they chanted "Praise Allah" does not make the true Muslims.

I guess you missed all the videos of Muslims dancing in the streets in many parts of the world when 9/11 happened?

They came from Saudi Arabia....one of the holiest of all countries because of Mecca.

Yeah, right. They're not Muslims. Sure they are. Rather you are questioning whether they practice Islam.

McVeigh wasn't a Christian. So, let's do away with this "even if he was a Christian" supposition. He just wasn't one. Ok?

Watch the video. Blocking the streets, on purpose, five times daily with a mass of crowd. One can do the worshipping but they are doing it by flaunting their will.

Did you watch the video or just like to throw mindless glibs at will? It's an undercover camera that the news reported on.
No different than what has happened here for war protests and other demonstrations. Laws in France are different. Why are we worried about France?

As for your trolling comment about my posts, ask Reba. She mentioned that we are all free to post our opinions. I posted mine. In keeping with our little tradition, you and I are on opposite sides again. Would you prefer all the non-Conservatives act like lemmings and step off a cliff? Oh wait, don't bother to answer...

I guess you missed all the videos of Muslims dancing in the streets in many parts of the world when 9/11 happened?

They came from Saudi Arabia....one of the holiest of all countries because of Mecca.

Yeah, right. They're not Muslims. Sure they are. Rather you are questioning whether they practice Islam.

McVeigh wasn't a Christian. So, let's do away with this "even if he was a Christian" supposition. He just wasn't one. Ok?
There were no film crews looking for Muslims that were in shock. Ever think it is not a Muslim thing, but an anti-American thing? Arrogance is not an attractive quality, and we exude it by the truckload.

chuckles....

Can't even answer a simple question?

Why is that? Can't face reality or what?

Alright. We can agree to disagree on the topics, but respect as individuals. I expect nothing more.
I agree.

See, we can agree on something after all. :)

chuckles....

The reality is this:
First, I am HOH, and this is a deaf/HOH website we post in. The video is not captioned. I am not going to take the written article as fact. I also am not going to try to figure out what is being said. Make sense? Maybe you can hear it perfectly. Good for you.
Second, we are in a country that is almost all Christians. Are you telling me that this practice would be adopted here? Hogwash! You are trying to beat the drum of fear loudly because that is all you have. Oh the humanity, we will soon be overrun by Muslims blocking all the town squares with prayer. We must stop them!....er I think it is BS dude. Try harder.

chuckles....

your arrogance and ignorance disgust me..... especially coming from a Christian person.

your arrogance and ignorance disgust me..... especially coming from a Christian person.
This thread is teetering on the brink of a religious discussion. I am trying hard to keep quiet. BTW, I am a Christian.
I don't let internet words put me down, or I would be drunk all the time.

You left out stores giving out free candy to children. Always good to pass the hate on to the next generation ya know. :roll:

The reality is this:
First, I am HOH, and this is a deaf/HOH website we post in. The video is not captioned. I am not going to take the written article as fact. I also am not going to try to figure out what is being said. Make sense? Maybe you can hear it perfectly. Good for you.
Second, we are in a country that is almost all Christians. Are you telling me that this practice would be adopted here? Hogwash! You are trying to beat the drum of fear loudly because that is all you have. Oh the humanity, we will soon be overrun by Muslims blocking all the town squares with prayer. We must stop them!....er I think it is BS dude. Try harder.

I already said in post #240 about the video:

"The video has some subtitling and texts but you'll understand just by watching it."

In fact, come to think of it I didn't even watch the video with sound on.

No excuses now.

Adopted? How was the practices seen in the video be seen as being "adopted"?

Rather a curious response for a guy who didn't watch the entire video.

I already said in post #240 about the video:

"The video has some subtitling and texts but you'll understand just by watching it."

In fact, come to think of it I didn't even watch the video with sound on.

No excuses now.
The whole point of the video (yes I did watch it) is to somehow draw a parallel to this happening in the future here in the US. I simply cannot believe this would be allowed. Isn't that something the anticipated Conservative majority would protect us from? Fear of people that are different is not really a Christian lesson. Maybe I missed that part, or it was not included in my Bible.

Another thought, just for kicks: almost all the illegal Hispanics are Christians. Might be a good idea to keep some around, to keep the percentages high. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back