Obama supports Mosque at Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't find this picture is funny either.

mocking death? nothing like it here. the picture is actually a perfect description of people's perception of mosque on Ground Zero.
Maybe it's a perfect description for someone but it's not mine.

For your information, the only posts that I report are the spams.

Just because I don't find a post humorous means that I would try to censure it. It just means that I have an equal right to state my opinion of it.
And you have. Well done. I just find it sad that some people never agree on anything here. Seems like the issue barely matters.

Waiting for the other Conservatives to circle the wagons...

Obama supports everything that ruins our country. What do you expect?

And I agree with Jiro. No contractor will build it.

I imagine you were in the area during this attack. You saw the aftermath. You probably knew some of the casualties. It was a life changing event. Funny how something that brought us all together now drives people apart. *shrugs*

I was in Virginia but my dad was near it. Took him more than 12 hours to get home. But I was at WTC site while it was still burning and the air reeked of death and burning bodies. It was unforgettable moment.

I was in Virginia but my dad was near it. Took him more than 12 hours to get home. But I was at WTC site while it was still burning and the air reeked of death and burning bodies. It was unforgettable moment.
Wow.

Maybe it's a perfect description for someone but it's not mine.

right. the picture is not "mocking death." It's the visual description of people's perception of Ground Zero mosque. I bet they don't even know what it looks like... hence - the actual picture of it in my post.

And you have. Well done. I just find it sad that some people never agree on anything here. Seems like the issue barely matters.

Waiting for the other Conservatives to circle the wagons...
What circling? Each person is entitled to his or her opinion. Or do you expect us all to either agree or shut up?

You never forget the smell of death...... It's horrible.

right. the picture is not "mocking death." It's the visual description of people's perception of Ground Zero mosque. I bet they don't even know what it looks like... hence - the actual picture of it in my post.
I don't think the appearance is the problem; it's the location.

Do you have an actual artist's rendition of the center? I don't think it's going to look like the current Burlington building but it's not going to look like the one you posted either.

BTW, a mosque or Islamic center would not include a statue of a human being; that would be idolatry to them.

I don't think the appearance is the problem; it's the location.
and associating Islam & Muslim people to Osama bin Laden.

Do you have an actual artist's rendition of the center? I don't think it's going to look like the current Burlington building but it's not going to look like the one you posted either.

BTW, a mosque or Islamic center would not include a statue of a human being; that would be idolatry to them.
it's obviously not going to look like the picture I posted but most people do not know that nor care to learn about it.

11mosquegfc-popup.jpg

Current building - Park51
Park51-by-tribeca-citizen.jpg

PARK51
What was there before: Burlington Coat Factory.
What we know about it: The proposal for a mosque and Islamic cultural center has been met with opposition from people who would prefer it not be two blocks from the northern edge of the Wold Trade Center site. As it stands now, the plan calls for a new building—as big as 15 stories tall—with a 500-seat auditorium, fitness facilities (including a pool), a restaurant and culinary school, a memorial to the victims of the 9/11 attacks, and more.
Opening date: TBD
Tribeca Citizen | Progress Report: Opening Laterish

A Jewish person consulting with Muslim person on building Muslim community center.... must be an unfathomable thought for Fox News.

For Mosque Sponsors, Early Missteps Fueled Storm
Joy Levitt, executive director of the Jewish Community Center on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, remembers her first conversation with Daisy Khan around 2005, years before Ms. Khan’s idea for a Muslim community center in Lower Manhattan morphed into a controversy about Sept. 11, Islam and freedom of religion.

“Strollers,” said Ms. Levitt, whom Ms. Khan had approached for advice on how to build an institution like the Jewish center — with a swimming pool, art classes and joint projects with other religious groups. Ms. Levitt, a rabbi, urged Ms. Khan to focus on practical matters like a decent wedding hall and stroller parking.

“You can use all these big words like diversity and pluralism,” Ms. Levitt recalled telling Ms. Khan, noting that with the population of toddlers booming in Manhattan, “I’m down in the lobby dealing with the 500 strollers.”

How Ms. Khan’s early brainstorming led to today’s combustible debate, one often characterized by powerful emotions and mistaken information, is a combination of arguable naïveté, public-relations missteps and a national political climate in which perhaps no preparation could have headed off controversy.

9-11 was an inside job. This whole thread is just reflecting the Islamophobia so prevalent today.

Right, but the same person found humor in someone wearing a KKK costume. I found that unfunny. I feel no remorse in laughing at this picture. It shows absolute absurdity.

Make sure to report this offensive image at once. You will sleep better.

Well I thought that was funny as well.

What circling? Each person is entitled to his or her opinion. Or do you expect us all to either agree or shut up?
I expect you to oppose me on every issue. I doubt we have ever agreed on anything. I find that troubling. Oh well.

I also note that you asked Jiro for the actual plans for building this. If they agreed not to build it within 20 miles of Ground Zero, would this be far enough? Would you prefer they build all Islamic mosques in the deserts of Saudi Arabia?

I expect you to oppose me on every issue. I doubt we have ever agreed on anything. I find that troubling. Oh well.
It would be nice if you agreed with me about something but it doesn't trouble me if you don't. Variety is the spice of life. :)

I don't oppose you as an individual; I disagree with your posts.

I also note that you asked Jiro for the actual plans for building this. If they agreed not to build it within 20 miles of Ground Zero, would this be far enough? Would you prefer they build all Islamic mosques in the deserts of Saudi Arabia?
I asked Jiro if he had a picture of the proposed building because I'm curious to see what it looks like. Jiro seems to be able to find images for every topic, so I figured he could get one. It wouldn't change my mind about the location; I just wanted to see what one could get for $100 million in NYC.

I never said anything about limiting the construction of mosques to Saudi Arabia. We have mosques in South Carolina, and it doesn't bother me. I only request that they rethink putting ONE particular center further away from Ground Zero.

It would be nice if you agreed with me about something but it doesn't trouble me if you don't. Variety is the spice of life. :)

I don't oppose you as an individual; I disagree with your posts.

I asked Jiro if he had a picture of the proposed building because I'm curious to see what it looks like. Jiro seems to be able to find images for every topic, so I figured he could get one. It wouldn't change my mind about the location; I just wanted to see what one could get for $100 million in NYC.

I never said anything about limiting the construction of mosques to Saudi Arabia. We have mosques in South Carolina, and it doesn't bother me. I only request that they rethink putting ONE particular center further away from Ground Zero.
Alright. We can agree to disagree on the topics, but respect as individuals. I expect nothing more.

After noting where the planned mosque is located, I really don't see an issue with it. It is a few blocks away. There were followers of that religion innocently killed due to the terrorists. The fact that the terrorists were radical Muslims has jaded people's views a bit. When McVeigh, Nichols, and Fortier did their terrorist act, they may have been Christians, albeit poor ones. I would speculate that there were followers of Islam killed by them. I also doubt that there was any issues with building a Christian memorial near the site of the bombing. Just because these few Muslims killed in the name of Allah does not brand all Muslims as terrorists. The planned mosque is not to honor those hijackers; it is to honor those innocents that died.

Mocking death isn't funny to all of us.

Right. Done in poor taste in the memory of those murdered on 9/11 that day.

Also, in France they're facing a real problem on the creeping Islamization of Paris. Watch the video. It'll give you pause on how it's being taken over. The video has some subtitling and texts but you'll understand just by watching it.

CBN: ‘Islamization’ of Paris a Warning to the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back