Obama supports Mosque at Ground Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the State Dept. (our taxes) are paying for the Imam and his crew to fly overseas.
Oh nooooo...
Note that my IPA association, pronounced phonetically, would sound like: I pay

My Way News - US spending $16,000 for imam's Mideast tour

The department said Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf will get a daily $200 honorarium for the 15-day tour to Bahrain, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, which is intended to promote religious tolerance.

Airfare is included, as well as the standard federal government per diem for expenses and lodging in each of the cities he will visit, spokesman P.J. Crowley said. Those per diem rates range from nearly $400 to nearly $500, according to official documents.
Rauf starts his tour Thursday in Bahrain and ends it in the United Arab Emirates Sept. 2. At each stop he is expected to discuss Muslim life in America and promote religious tolerance. He will not be allowed to raise funds for the mosque on the trip, Crowley said.

"We have had conversations with the imam to make sure he understands that during these kinds of trips, he's not to engage in any personal business," Crowley told reporters. "He understands that completely."

"We value his participation as a religious figure here in the United States who can help people overseas understand the role that religion plays in our society," he said.

First of all :hmm:

Second.... To the part in bold. Yeah right :roll:

I've got a few comments here.

Seems like the majority is against building it on or near ground zero. This implies that they would be okay with it if it was further away. Is this even the case? What's a good distance? 5 blocks? 10 blocks? 2 miles? Not even in Manhattan? How do you even assess the comfortable distance like this?

A lot of people have spurted out theories: 1) This is the muslim's secret plan all along. 2) This is a way for the muslims to rub it in our noses. 3) This proves that Obama is a secret muslim. And so on.

You guys are so blind!!! It's OBVIOUS that Obama and Manhattan both HATE muslims! They are trying to get this huge community center built, so that our government's very own "Manchurian Candidate" will blow it up, thus killing thousands of muslims effectively. It would kill 3 birds with 1 stone: Obama becomes popular, we get revenge, and Manhattan gets rid of a good percentage of muslims.

What? You don't think so?? Well, I think my theory has as much credibility as everyone else's.

everybody here owes tax lol
Do you mean that everyone in NYC is delinquent in paying their property taxes, and rack up penalty fees on top of the taxes? Why? Do they like paying penalties?

We've always paid our property taxes on time.

The question in the mosque case is, if they can't even keep up with their taxes, how will they finance their construction?

Do you mean that everyone in NYC is delinquent in paying their property taxes, and rack up penalty fees on top of the taxes? Why? Do they like paying penalties?
Developers and NYC. what do you get if you put them together? Detroit.

We've always paid our property taxes on time.
you're private resident, they're not. you do not have the money and connections they have. They seem to think the law does not apply to them :dunno:

The question in the mosque case is, if they can't even keep up with their taxes, how will they finance their construction?
Obama

Thank God.
:lol: but really - I don't know how they can live life like that. what a shame.

He's going to write a personal check for the $100,000,000 development???
Since he preaches about the riches should be paying more.... cough it up, Obama!

:lol: but really - I don't know how they can live life like that. what a shame.

Since he preaches about the riches should be paying more.... cough it up, Obama!
:lol:

Obama was on TV again said he would support a Temple, church , or any other place of workship.

Good for him.

And I agree with that sentiment except in cases where it is obviously sticky and maybe even intended to be so. Considering all that and the symbolism gives me pause.

I bet somebody will be mentioning John Cusack sometimes soon.

Was it meant to a parody of death threats or what? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back