O.J. Simpson Not Getting A Retrial, Nevada Supreme Court Rules

quibbling....
I don't think so, a technicality is something small that gets someone acquitted, you're calling police misconduct a technicality, by the way this was never proved. It was a defense strategy by Johnny Cochran as well as proclaiming shoddy DNA testing by the labs. The trial was basically over when "the glove didn't fit" even though the gloves were the actual gloves and had shrunk and were stiff from being basically saturated in the victims blood. The prosecution blew it when they didn't address this adequately. He was acquitted because of two things: one, OJ's team did not wave their right to a speedy trial, thus giving the defense a very short time to prepare for the "trial of the century;" the murders happened on June 12, 1994 and the trial began on November 9,1994 when the jury was sworn in. Two, the defense team was able to debunk pretty much every piece of evidence that the prosecution presented. The biggest reason OJ was able to beat a murder conviction was he had the money to hire the best defense team money could buy. Technicality no, superior defense team of lawyers, yes. My feeling was he was guilty, but he had help.

Last edited:
Oh well, I do have feeling for OJ's ex-wife victims and lost the lives are too much for families, so it is very stressful.

Back