Nyle DiMarco Joins 'Dancing With the Stars'

Looking forward to seeing the finale this coming week. I have a feeling he's going to win.
That would be just beyond crazy if he won...probably would break a record.

I love that people post the videos of just nyle's dances so I don't have to watch the show lol. I have never been a fan of dancing with the stars

Score is 27 points

Score is 30 points

Add to 57 points

Last edited:
His freestyle was just so profound and moving...I thought Paige dance really well tonight but she didn't move me in the way Nyle and Peta did. The fact that Ginger also got 3 10's for her dance cheapens the scores for me as it was clear that she didn't deserve those 10's for her dance tonight. But I admire her for dancing with pain..Thoughts anyone?

Nyle's second dance is more of art.....makes me realize Nyle didn't dance that much, and got three 10's. How.....?

I loved the freestyle ❤️ Best dance ever! It was a story turned into a dance. I pray they win! Ginger Zee has dance experience and Paige Van Zant's parents own a dance studio and Nyle no dance experience.

Nyle and Peta all the way!!!

dance is art so I can see how it would be 3 10s. It's an art of expression not just technical know-how.

Even my mother thought it was great- not often I see her express it strongly or give a thumbs up. Haven't heard what my aunt thinks (though she thinks he is hunky...)

I love that people post the videos of just nyle's dances so I don't have to watch the show lol. I have never been a fan of dancing with the stars

g010.gif

Fuzzy

dance is art so I can see how it would be 3 10s. It's an art of expression not just technical know-how.

Yes, you are so right DeafDucky:)

It is an art, and at the same time every dance has a certain set of rules pertaining to the particular dance's style movements.
One wouldn't, for example, dance a waltz to the tune of a tango, or use the steps of a tango to dance a paso doble.
There is a lot of those particular movements and positions which define a certain dance style,
therefore, on technical aspect, you are being judged how close you are following this set of rules.

For instance, while dancing a waltz, you will be judged not only if you are following the steps of this particular dance correctly,
but how do you hold your Waltz hands, your partner Waltz hands (are those at the right height? Waltz angle?
at the right amount of pressure? positioned well?), is your Waltz body lined properly? your partners? are you too close? too far?
are both your Waltz movements fluid? too lax? too stiff? your Waltz heads too close? too far?
your facial expression - do they relate to the music, the subject of the song, the dance?
are they pleasant to look at? etc etc
best explained here:
http://blogs.bu.edu/ballroom/competitions-101/what-judges-look-for

Freedom of expression, or in other words- the imaginative (artistic) side of the dance such as choreography, costumes, makeup,
hair and so on is one part of the dancing, the technical is another,
and the judges have a hard work to watch and asses who is, in their opinion, doing what job on the scale from ?? to ??

I guess, since on DWTS the highest score is 10, it would be on a scale from 1 to 10.

Fuzzy.

I am sooooooo happy right now!!! OMG!!!! My hearing husband just laughed as I guess I screamed the house down!!! YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!:rockon::wiggle:

Wonder when somebody will say something about the spoilers...

My FB feed blew up with the final result immediately after the east coast airing finished...glad I watched lol.

About 20 friends posting NYLE IS THE WINNER on Facebook page, yep it was a spoiler, so I went ahead watch it myself. I think Paige VanZant deserve the Mirror Ball.

About 20 friends posting NYLE IS THE WINNER on Facebook page, yep it was a spoiler, so I went ahead watch it myself. I think Paige VanZant deserve the Mirror Ball.

I know... I thought Paige and Mark did just as well and by judge points they were ahead of Nyle and Peta (by one point...) so the votes really must have tipped it to them. I wonder how close it was.

I stayed off my fb for hours just now , I am posting . I didn't cheat :lol:

I finally ! Watched it since I am on the west coast . I am happy Nyle and Peta won! They earned it

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!! Amazing that he graduated from the Deaf school where I worked at!

Back