Nyle DiMarco Joins 'Dancing With the Stars'

Srlevesque - well, how about you - a fully seeing person I think- perhaps being amazed and overwhelmed by a blind person being a fantastic painter?
or a photographer?
I think no matter what, it is always a feast to overcome the lack of this one sense that is vital to any given ability.

Maybe to you it is "cchhchch, pffttt, deaf dancing" - but I believe it takes a helluva heck more of work and concentration
and dedication for Nyle than Peta (and anybody else on DWTS) to learn his steps and moves in dancing.
Peta can hear music, so she can hear rhythm which easily dictates her movements but all Nyle can do is memorize memorize memorize
and imitate what Peta shows him.

And not to put Nyle down, as he is definitely most talented and wonderful dancer and he shows it best by knocking out his competition
one by one so far, but there are certain flash moments when my trained eye can notice he has no clue about music
but just mechanically, skillfully follows step by step from memory.
These are barely visible nuances, but the nuance is exactly what make the difference in dancing like 'hearing the music or not'.
But that's precisely all the more reason to appreciate his hard work and talent - and probably also more reason for tears, I guess.

Fuzzy
No, please you have misunderstood me! I am deaf as well and my point is not that he doesn't deserve all the admiration he is getting! I was NOT trying to put him down in any way!! My point was that us deafies go through our lives and we do what we do and it just felt like there was a feeling of "oh you poor things" from the hearies..Maybe I was wrong..

Okay, I will say it. I do not think Nyle could make it this far just because he: is deaf, knows a dance step or two, or has the looks alone. I think he made it this far because: He is a skilled dancing , deaf Adonis. Trifecta.

Last edited:
Okay, I will say it. I do not think Nyle could make it this far just because he: is deaf, knows a dance step or two, or has the looks alone. I think he made it this far because: He is a skilled dancing , deaf Adonis. Trifecta.
Plus, he's won hearts of many ladies deaf and hearing. Even Mr. Bruno ( judge) has a crush on him:giggle:

No, please you have misunderstood me! I am deaf as well and my point is not that he doesn't deserve all the admiration he is getting! I was NOT trying to put him down in any way!! My point was that us deafies go through our lives and we do what we do and it just felt like there was a feeling of "oh you poor things" from the hearies..Maybe I was wrong..

No, I didn't perceived like that :)
I understood what you were trying to say. what I tried to explain is that perhaps it precisely wasn't "oh-you-poor-deaf" attitude
like you thought,
but an admiration for someone who has to find a way to overcome the difficulties others don't have.
and not only he does that, he does that with such a fantastic results!
also, I don't think you were wrong - you felt what you felt, just maybe it didn't occur to you to look at it from different perspective.
that's why it is good to exchange ideas :)

Fuzzy

I think he went this far because he is obviously talented, intelligent and he works hard.
talented because he dance very well, intelligent because you has to be if you must learn dance steps purely from memory not music plus pick up clues in an instant from your partner and environment.
working hard is self-explanatory..

That he is sex god personification is a given :D

Fuzzy

I think he went this far because he is obviously talented, intelligent and he works hard.
talented because he dance very well, intelligent because you has to be if you must learn dance steps purely from memory not music plus pick up clues in an instant from your partner and environment.
working hard is self-explanatory..

That he is sex god personification is a given :D

Fuzzy
:hitit::naughty::D

I don't understand why Wanya and Lindsay got eliminated. They had perfect score.

I think they got lowest number of votes online, also one week they had lowest scores with the judges, too.
I don't know about you, but IMO the Cowboy dance, no matter how valiantly Wanya tried to save the situation,
was the worst.
Wanya started great but then he slipped on the bandana (which was really bad even if he managed to heroically immediately recover)
then made more mistakes throughout.
On the whole they were very good, nice competitors.

Fuzzy

I think they got lowest number of votes online, also one week they had lowest scores with the judges, too.
I don't know about you, but IMO the Cowboy dance, no matter how valiantly Wanya tried to save the situation,
was the worst.
Wanya started great but then he slipped on the bandana (which was really bad even if he managed to heroically immediately recover)
then made more mistakes throughout.
On the whole they were very good, nice competitors.

Fuzzy

I think that's based on last week's scores and America's vote.

I thought they don't count last week's score because Jodie Sweetin and Keo Motsepe got eliminated. It is not fair for Wanya and Lindsay. I wish they made it to the finals because they were so good this week. Thanks for explaining to me!

You may be being a "spoiler" for some time zones. It is just 8:20 as I write this and it is on until 9:01 on Channel 30 out of St. Louis. With that being the case it is even earlier in the next two time zones west of us!

Yes that is a point. But if you really don't want to be spoiled, don't open the thread. Because I missed the last two weeks or so (finally saw this week's today) I just avoided the thread because of the spoilers. Harder to avoid 'em on FB though :P

Reminder-There will be two nights finale-Monday and Tuesday at 8 pm.

You may be being a "spoiler" for some time zones. It is just 8:20 as I write this and it is on until 9:01 on Channel 30 out of St. Louis. With that being the case it is even earlier in the next two time zones west of us!

Yes that is a point. But if you really don't want to be spoiled, don't open the thread. Because I missed the last two weeks or so (finally saw this week's today) I just avoided the thread because of the spoilers. Harder to avoid 'em on FB though :P

My point was that it was inconsiderate of the person that did not look at the clock and what time it would be for those west of her before posting.

It was not a big deal for me but for any of us opening the thread we have no way of knowing that someone has done this. There are other things about to show being commented on.

To each their own Jane. To me it doesn't matter, so I just avoid it. Most people or at least most west of the east coast... would know and/or understand there are going to be people who will post spoilers (on purpose or accidentally etc) anyway. It's why I unliked a TAR FaceBook page because some fool posted the entire list of elimination long before the finale. I'm not going to call people inconsiderate for that- now I WILL call people asses for posting an entire list of eliminations before the season starts or is not even halfway over...!

Sarah (the person you responded to) is in Arkansas...central time- same as MO... so I don't know how she knew about it before it even ran in Central Time Zone, might have posted from FB :dunno:

Sarah (the person you responded to) is in Arkansas...central time- same as MO... so I don't know how she knew about it before it even ran in Central Time Zone, might have posted from FB :dunno:

It his dance had just run in the Central Time Zone and I was feeling sorry for those in the next two zones to the west of us.

It his dance had just run in the Central Time Zone and I was feeling sorry for those in the next two zones to the west of us.
And as DeafDucky said, if they want to avoid spoilers, they know not to open the thread until they've seen the show. I'm sure they can wait till then to see what else may have been posted. Geez, it's only one or two nights and only for up to, what, 3 hours, that spoilers may be posted. *smh*

Looking forward to seeing the finale this coming week. I have a feeling he's going to win.

Back