Nyle DiMarco Joins 'Dancing With the Stars'

I noticed they only did this with Nyle and not the others , grr

I was wondering that myself- the week they had 4 judges he had 39 but two of the judges said 10 but wrote down 9 and they ended up with 37.

I think that's kind of an odd thing to do.. write down the scores then have the judges do the paddle thing...One or the other good grief. Bruno was not happy tonight- I think he really thought Nyle & Peta deserved his 10.

THEN to combine the judges scores with votes? Yeesh... so good teams go out and lousy teams stay in (it's a possibility)... still rooting for Nyle and Peta... I like her.

Score is 29

You may be being a "spoiler" for some time zones. It is just 8:20 as I write this and it is on until 9:01 on Channel 30 out of St. Louis. With that being the case it is even earlier in the next two time zones west of us!

Team dance scores is 29 and Nyle's dance points 29 add to 58 points

Last edited:
I thought it was an another amazing dance but I am really confused as to why the silent aspect is moving all the hearies to tears?!

Man I was watching this at the gym but didn't know if nyle's was dancing or not :( missed out

You may be being a "spoiler" for some time zones. It is just 8:20 as I write this and it is on until 9:01 on Channel 30 out of St. Louis. With that being the case it is even earlier in the next two time zones west of us!
Kiss fist on the moment of silence

Incredible ! Awesome job and perfect song for this dance, "Victorious"!!

They cut the music out at one point of the dance and that seemed to have a profound effect on the judges and the other hearies there.

This few moments of silence during the dance was to give the audience an idea of what it must be like to be deaf....this glimpse into himself was a planned thing.....

I am really confused as to why the silent aspect is moving all the hearies to tears?!

Well, maybe they never ever considered what it's like to not to be able to hear and it hit them with full force that Nyle is actually DEAF?

Like, D E A F ???

What he is accomplishing comparing to the ones who hear?

Fuzzy

This few moments of silence during the dance was to give the audience an idea of what it must be like to be deaf....this glimpse into himself was a planned thing.....
I understand it was planned, just not quite understanding the emotions hearies are having over it. Nyle is an amazing dancer not just an amazing Deaf dancer and it feels a little condescending to me how they are in tears over what our world is like...Maybe I'm being too sensitive over it. It is nice that his hard work is recognized.

Srlevesque - well, how about you - a fully seeing person I think- perhaps being amazed and overwhelmed by a blind person being a fantastic painter?
or a photographer?
I think no matter what, it is always a feast to overcome the lack of this one sense that is vital to any given ability.

Maybe to you it is "cchhchch, pffttt, deaf dancing" - but I believe it takes a helluva heck more of work and concentration
and dedication for Nyle than Peta (and anybody else on DWTS) to learn his steps and moves in dancing.
Peta can hear music, so she can hear rhythm which easily dictates her movements but all Nyle can do is memorize memorize memorize
and imitate what Peta shows him.

And not to put Nyle down, as he is definitely most talented and wonderful dancer and he shows it best by knocking out his competition
one by one so far, but there are certain flash moments when my trained eye can notice he has no clue about music
but just mechanically, skillfully follows step by step from memory.
These are barely visible nuances, but the nuance is exactly what make the difference in dancing like 'hearing the music or not'.
But that's precisely all the more reason to appreciate his hard work and talent - and probably also more reason for tears, I guess.

Fuzzy

Nyle is an amazing dancer not just an amazing Deaf dancer and it feels a little condescending to me how they are in tears over what our world is like....

one more - personally I thought it was admiration not condescension, how about that?

Fuzzy

I thought it was an another amazing dance but I am really confused as to why the silent aspect is moving all the hearies to tears?!

It was Nyle's idea. He explained it , he wanted to invite the hearing people into his world. He can't hear the music and is dancing on beat on the show. This is his demonstration to the hearing world what it feels like to dance without sound. You can YouTube him explaining it.

Back