NY Deaf "ASL" expo cancelled- any one know why?

YOMAN

Reaction score
I just found out yesterday that New York "ASL expo" was cancelled yesterday (offical cancelled on April 30th), any one know why ? i eyes few different stories..

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Is it really? I didn't hear anything about that. The previous post is true, the website didn't say anything either. I was planning on going to that...

most common reason it being cancel because of not enough booth mean not get money enough to reserve the space at conversation center.

Yeah i heard one of rumor like what above me said...Oh well and also was told hopefully will try again in the Fall of 08

YOMAN

Welcome to ASL EXPO 2008 | Connecting the sign language community!

May 3 | Long Island, NY
CANCELED

Ok I looked at where it will be at as if it is not cancelled...

When? May 3, 2008

Where?

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Expo Center
1255 Hempstead Turnpike
Uniondale, NY 11553

So I went to their website;

and I notice there's gonna be event happening that day...
Blue Man Group performing on the same day... so scheduling conflict?

visiting Blue Man Group website
How To Be A Megastar Tour for date

although the expo was to end at 6pm and BMG start at 8pm they wil have to push people out with in half hour in order to clean up and clear the area for BMG ??

So frak that? then they cancel it.

just my observation and deducting....

cheers~

Aww.. I just e.mailed to my friend about this! :ty:

Blue man group will have some show on "Upstair" level and the deaf expo is downstair level.

I copied and pasted from emails that was sent to some schools.

Here it is:
Dear Friends of ASL EXPO,

with much regret, I am writing this email to inform you that due to several unexpected factors involving the New York ASL EXPO, I find it necessary to cancel the New York ASL EXPO that was scheduled for Saturday, May 3rd, 2008.

However, the Washington ASL EXPO on May 9th, 2008 will continued as scheduled. We look forward to seeing you all in Washington and at all other ASL EXPOs in the Fall of 2008.

Again, I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

James Kittell

ASL EXPO 2008

Yes It Was Cancelled..not Say Why..check With Google And Type Asl Expo And It Will Show After You Click On Asl Expo 2008

most common reason it being cancel because of not enough booth mean not get money enough to reserve the space at conversation center.

BEC OF HIGH COST OF GAS THEY MAY CANT AFFORD TO PAY LOT MONEY ON GAS TO GO THERE...??? OR MAYBE IM WRONG???:(

This shouldn't be surprising for someone like Steve Kittell/James Kittel. He is well-known for his uh....negative reputation in the deaf community all over the United States. You can find ton of info on him on the Internet.

There is a deadline for an ad and a booth for Jan 4. Both deadlines are met.

Feb 16 - booth space demand is met but ad space's demand is not. The event has happened.

During the event, there is, as promised, a door prize of $1,000, $2,000 and $5,000. The 1 and 2 is delivered. The 5 is, conpicuously, given to out-of-towners (every time).

New York knew that and decided to not participate.

Who is the perpetrator of this crime? "Manon Culver" Sorenson VP: 714-888-8888

You do not need to tell me the significance of the name, "Manon."

Missouri Deaf is sucker. Will you, too?

Maybe I am not thinking straight tonight. Are you warning the deaf community not to accept VP calls from somebody named Manon Culver?

I'm saying, within the context of past Deaf experience, NOT to endorse (via money and word-of-mouth) ASL Expo. Deaf were burned . . . and that's why New York dropped ASL Expo.

Deaf Expo Was X By Me Also Im So Mad!!! It Was Suppose To Be May 3rd And They Cancelled It. =(

Mod's note:

Threads merged.

Huskies

No this isn't true, I know the owner of ASL EXPO...it has nothing to do with gas, it's something else but it's very private...thank you for understanding!:ty:

BEC OF HIGH COST OF GAS THEY MAY CANT AFFORD TO PAY LOT MONEY ON GAS TO GO THERE...??? OR MAYBE IM WRONG???:(

PowerON

No this does not have anything to do with not enough booth or not enough money, it's something else, but it's very private, thanks!:ty:

Here is the truth:

The program book (ads) was not printed and not distributed. The money was not returned.

The $5,000 door prize is never distributed to the real winner. The winner is always "one of the group." The game is rigged.

ASL Expo is a scam.

Back