NY Auto SHOW TERP ACCESS?

syounger64

Reaction score
Does any one know anything about interpreters at the car show? The last time I went, I had free admission thanks to GM so I started with the terps at GM then they gave me a tour around the different cars which was really nice.
Today I got this somewhat rude clueless email from a marketing person:

Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately I don’t have the e-mails of the two individuals from Pontiac. I’m also not sure if there will be sign language entrepreneurs on the Show-floor, many of our exhibitors take it upon themselves to staff their booth. I’m sorry as I do not have any further information.

Thank you and we hope you enjoy the Show!

Danielle

Danielle Ludwig
Marketing and Sales Coordinator
NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL AUTO SHOW.
EMAIL: danielle@autoshowny.com

HOPE I ENJOY THE SHOW?? SHEESH. She doesn't get it!!!!

Hi Stephen.....

I doubt you will need an interpreter at these shows....all the salespeople are not saying anything worth getting a 'terp....besides, you will know more about the cars than they do.

Plus, if you are like me, the models posing next to the cars will be taking up most of your viewing time....:giggle:

There are a very large # of cars that are not worth turbocharging.

There are also a lot of cars that won't make it to dealers showroom. You can do fine without them.

I've been going to this show for probably over 6 years and I've never needed a terp.

why?

cuz I'm too busy watching and waiting for hot models to have a wardrobe malfunction. I'm going to this show this week and you bet your ass that you'll find me somewhere in the audience - front row, waiting for wardrobe malfunction.

Unless you are in the Auto business and your job specifically depends on having in depth technical conversations with the automotive reps there, I can't see why you would need an interpreter at all.

For the typical person, I have no idea why you'd think there would be (or should be) and ASL interpreter provided.

If this is your business/livelihood and you are being sent to check out new products then that's a different thing (I'd request an interpreter not through the car show, but through work at that point).

I've been going to this show for probably over 6 years and I've never needed a terp.

why?

cuz I'm too busy watching and waiting for hot models to have a wardrobe malfunction. I'm going to this show this week and you bet your ass that you'll find me somewhere in the audience - front row, waiting for wardrobe malfunction.

Bring a fishing pole with several hooks at the end. You can 'accidentally' hook the back of their dresses, trip over something, and inadvertently cause a malfunction. Problem is that you might get kicked out after the second incident.

Be sure to take pics of said malfunctions at several angles for us to analyze.

To be honest, I don't even want to talk to the people presenting things at these shows. The last thing I need at a fun event is someone trying to sell me something.

To me, a car show really is a visual event not to be disturbed by chatter.

To be honest, I don't even want to talk to the people presenting things at these shows. The last thing I need at a fun event is someone trying to sell me something.

To me, a car show really is a visual event not to be disturbed by chatter.

they don't sell cars to you... that's silly. not at auto expo.

they ask you if you like what you see and if you have any question/comment about the car so that they can relay it to back to their bosses. the purpose of Auto Expo is to gauge people's interest to see if they're on the right track or not. lot of cars at auto expo are not available to public.

wait-i-have-a-tail-lolcat.jpg

Back