Nucleus 7 and iPhone

rosecottage

Reaction score
Does anyone here use the Cochlear Nucleus 7 cochlear implant with an iPhone?

According to Cochlear Americas, when a phone call comes in, I would not have to pick the phone up and speak into the phone for the other person to hear me. The cochlear implant microphone on the ear will pick up my voice and send it to the other person.

Can someone let me know if this works well? Normally I would pick up the phone for the conversation. But this question is in reference to driving. Sometimes I am waiting on an important phone call from the doctors office. I need to be able to answer that phone call until I can pull over safely.

We have a law in our state....no holding the cell phone while driving.

Thank you.

My friend has bilateral N7's, and she has to hold the phone up to speak into it for the other person to hear her when using the Bluetooth feature. She doesn't have to hold the phone up like normal people do to hear it (because Bluetooth streams the call straight to her CIs), but needs to hold it up to her mouth to speak into it.

My friend has bilateral N7's, and she has to hold the phone up to speak into it for the other person to hear her when using the Bluetooth feature. She doesn't have to hold the phone up like normal people do to hear it (because Bluetooth streams the call straight to her CIs), but needs to hold it up to her mouth to speak into it.

Thank you very much for your help, I do appreciate it!

Called Cochlear Americas again. This time I was told the microphones on the cochlear implant earpiece will not pick up my voice for the other person. So thank you for those links!

For those that might be interested, I found a cheap microphone and bought it so that we could test it and see if it works and it does! You can use microphone alone while streaming to your CI!!

FWIW.. I have Nuke 7 and iPhone. the phone streams straight to the CI.. Phone and music.
You still talk into the phone as normal. The sound is WAAAY better than putting it to your ear. IMHO.

ALSO if you get the mini mic, you can plug in a FM radio, Ipod (or anything) and stream directly to the CI.

Does anyone here use the Cochlear Nucleus 7 cochlear implant with an iPhone?

According to Cochlear Americas, when a phone call comes in, I would not have to pick the phone up and speak into the phone for the other person to hear me. The cochlear implant microphone on the ear will pick up my voice and send it to the other person.

Can someone let me know if this works well? Normally I would pick up the phone for the conversation. But this question is in reference to driving. Sometimes I am waiting on an important phone call from the doctors office. I need to be able to answer that phone call until I can pull over safely.

We have a law in our state....no holding the cell phone while driving.

Thank you.
It works great better than in person if they speak clearly

Back