Now, this is a strong chick

Did you notice both there girls live in another country , The 17 yo in Norway and 13 yo in Russia. I bet they do not sit at a computer half the day.

WTH is it with the 13yo arching her back so damn high? so she doesn't have far to travel to touch befor hanging it up? She actually looks like she is sitting on the bench and her shoulders planted on the bench but not a lick of her back is on the bench, I call FOUL !!!!

WTH is it with the 13yo arching her back so damn high? so she doesn't have far to travel to touch befor hanging it up? She actually looks like she is sitting on the bench and her shoulders planted on the bench but not a lick of her back is on the bench, I call FOUL !!!!

I see what you mean , her back is not flat on the bench . You would think someone would call her on it. I think people are so impress they're over looking it.

if you read the comments for the video apparently there are different rules and form for regular lifting and powerlifting. Who's right I have no idea..

I cant even do the first push up the girl on first video did abd probably killed myself at least 30 times with those exercoses. And the 13 year old...i was worrying shr would break her back ot something

you know..when you put your mind into it, like "Its easy, DO it" I actually believed that with out a flinch i dont know why, i never for 1 second thought I couldnt swim 5 K's under 2 hrs...it wasnt that hard at all, just took time, some 3 months of doing nothing but eating, and swimming and sleeping for 3 months so I did 5KM swim NONSTOP -1hr 15mins...twice a week and ran 200-250kms a week all that was only part of getting the strength i needed to handle a motocross bike, my old 125 killed every 600s four stroke on the day (it was a ex-sponsored rider sold to me in discretion) so dammit all that training was nothing compared to RIDING THAT BIKE!!

if you read the comments for the video apparently there are different rules and form for regular lifting and powerlifting. Who's right I have no idea..

I just read a few comments and the one I read thought it was risky having her back like that , she could end breaking her back. That is a good point to me. I am not sure if the guy standing behind her would be able act fast enough if she dropped the weights on her chest. It could also fall on her neck.

Having been in the powerlifting, bench press, and strongman games for awhile the benching rules states that both of your back shoulder blades and bottom (bum) must remain in contact with the bench at all times throughout the benching process. THe bar must be unracked alone. Must wait until one the judges say "Go!" and the benching proceed. The bar must touch the chest until one the judges says "Go" and then press the barbell with the weights b ack up. And wait for the signal to rack the bar into place. There are judges that watch the bum's contact with the bench. Typically two judges on each side of the shoulders and one judge behind the bencher. And both feet must be flat on the floor at all times during the benching process.

THe arching of the back helps shave off 3 to 5 inches of distance the bar has to travel to the chest allowing heavier weight to bench presss otherwise if the back were completely flat then there would be no way a person could lift that heavy. in my mind the arching of the back is a bit like cheating. It changes the mechanics of the lift by moving a shorter distance.

Last edited:
Having been in the powerlifting, bench press, and strongman games for awhile the benching rules states that both of your back shoulder blades and bottom (bum) must remain in contact with the bench at all times throughout the benching process. THe bar must be unracked alone. Must wait until one the judges say "Go!" and the benching proceed. The bar must touch the chest until one the judges says "Go" and then press the barbell with the weights b ack up. And wait for the signal to rack the bar into place. There are judges that watch the bum's contact with the bench. Typically two judges on each side of the shoulders and one judge behind the bencher. And both feet must be flat on the floor at all times during the benching process.

THe arching of the back helps shave off 3 to 5 inches of distance the bar has to travel to the chest allowing heavier weight to bench presss otherwise if the back were completely flat then there would be no way a person could lift that heavy. in my mind the arching of the back is a bit like cheating. It changes the mechanics of the lift by moving a shorter distance.

Why do you think the judges are not calling the girl on arching her back so high? Are there difference rules for men and girls?

Back