Nothing Like Starting the Summer off with Destruction of USA Workforce and the Economy with it... :(

FriendlyGuy

Reaction score
According to what me and my mom heard on the radio the incompetence tariffs on ONLY RAW aluminium and steel has taken haul at least a half hour of this writing...

Meaning because it supposedly only affecting RAW metals job losses and the economy with it is likely to take haul soon with it.

This is because companies will likely...
A: Shrink their labor forces in the USA and just import the FINISHED products here (since things MADE FROM these metals won't be affected by this).
OR
B: Branch out to other countries and shut down the operations COMPLETELY in the USA.

Basically EVERYONE losing except the government itself. Doesn't feel too patriot does it?... :(

I collect aluminum cans myself. Is that question?

I collect aluminum cans myself. Is that question?

I am sorry if I confused you... What I am actually referencing is the recent decision in Donald Trump's Administration regarding the imposed tariffs on aluminium and steel being imported to the USA.

Because of the expectations in increased pricing of these metals companies will either shut down or reduce the presences on USA soil. Thus degrading the economy and the job market with it.

The end result? Weakening the USA and abroad because of this "snowball effect" not to mention "stirring drama" with countries like EU and so on.

It's really hurting everyone in the end.

I hope this news make more sense to you. :)

Did you not see news about UK company reopening steel plant in South Carolina? I would say that is great news!

I am sorry if I confused you... What I am actually referencing is the recent decision in Donald Trump's Administration regarding the imposed tariffs on aluminium and steel being imported to the USA.

Because of the expectations in increased pricing of these metals companies will either shut down or reduce the presences on USA soil. Thus degrading the economy and the job market with it.

The end result? Weakening the USA and abroad because of this "snowball effect" not to mention "stirring drama" with countries like EU and so on.

It's really hurting everyone in the end.

I hope this news make more sense to you. :)

guess, thats result... he was alwas talking about us ( german, eu people) we are very very bad people, since have too much from export. so they target us with punishment tax. in my opinion, merkel should us give us more money ( from overload export), or do finally invest eu infrastructure. erveryone above us are so greedy.... :( i know, who suffers lot, its working people ...likes always.

guess, thats result... he was alwas talking about us ( german, eu people) we are very very bad people, since have too much from export. so they target us with punishment tax. in my opinion, merkel should us give us more money ( from overload export), or do finally invest eu infrastructure. erveryone above us are so greedy.... :( i know, who suffers lot, its working people ...likes always.

You forgot one thing Putin bans Western food embargo from EU, European countries, and US due to Ukraine situation. Wonders if Putin extends it once it expires at the end of this year. I watched an episode from Chef's Table. A famous Russian chef talks about what happened to all that Western food after it is banned. They were all destroyed. He also said that local Russian markets are booming, because Russian people are taking advantage of growing local food on their own and are making more money. Interesting.

How do you feel about Merkel? My cousins live in Bremen, Germany.

All it will do is lead to higher prices and inflation. Wood products (anything coming from Canada) has already gone up 60% in the last few months. Go back in history to the late 1920's and the Smoot Hawley tariffs and you will get a good idea of what an all out trade war can do to the nations and worlds economy's. Too bad Trump isn't a student of history.

All it will do is lead to higher prices and inflation. Wood products (anything coming from Canada) has already gone up 60% in the last few months. Go back in history to the late 1920's and the Smoot Hawley tariffs and you will get a good idea of what an all out trade war can do to the nations and worlds economy's. Too bad Trump isn't a student of history.
Yeah, all Trumps fault. Trump isnt a student of history? Back it up with facts, otherwise you are just a sore loser, whiny-whiny-boo-hoo.

Last edited:
Not surprised, all election has consequence but not going to elaborate further because political discussion is frowned in AD forum.

For others, please refrain from bashing.

All it will do is lead to higher prices and inflation.

And... Job reductions across various industries. Why build cars in USA if aluminium and steel are more expensive in states/to import if they can just put the plant(s) in other countries? Yet still be able to export the cars back in the USA or even leave the USA completely?

Yeah, all Trumps fault. Trump isnt a student of history? Back it up with facts, otherwise you are just a sore loser, whiny-whiny-boo-hoo.

Love it! As in the parable by Jesus with Trump and his followers It basically boils down to the blind leading the blind!

Trump and his knowledge of history: 1. Trump said that Andrew Jackson, the populist rabble-rousing President with whom he has begun to claim political kinship, had strong thoughts about the Civil War -- even though he died 16 years before the conflict broke out. 2.
Trump Was impressed that Lincoln, who is often judged by historians as the greatest president, was a Republican -- even though it is one of the most familiar historical facts that he was the first Republican Party president. Trump said: "Great president. Most people don't even know he was a Republican," Trump said back in in March. "Does anyone know? Lot of people don't know that." 3. On Feb 1st he asserted that Fredrick Douglas was still alive. Douglas died in 1895! 4. He confused Kim Jong Un with his father Kim Jong Il, said we have been dealing with this guy for a long time and then went on to say that Bill Clinton and Obama got played by him saying: "Everybody has been outplayed, they've all been outplayed by this gentleman, and we'll see what happens." 5. Said that North Korea was once part of China! They may of been a puppet of China but they were never a part of China. 6. Said that Napoleon Bonaparte designed the city of Paris, it was actually Georges-Eugène Haussmann who designed the city and began construction in 1854. Napoleon Bonaparte died In 1821! There are many other " historical facts" that Trump has used that are so far from factual that it is truly sad and even dangerous. Sadly we will probably all be losers in a few years, I hope not but if you know anything about history it all points in that direction.

Last edited:
And... Job reductions across various industries. Why build cars in USA if aluminium and steel are more expensive in states/to import if they can just put the plant(s) in other countries? Yet still be able to export the cars back in the USA or even leave the USA completely?
No, what will happen is exactly what Harley Davidson plans to do, build their bikes for the European and Asian markets off shore and build the bikes for the domestic market here in the states and they will lay off unneeded workers in the US and hire the lost workers in Europe to produce those bikes there and we will pay the penalty(higher prices, lost jobs, inflation) because of the Trump tariffs.

Love it! As in the parable by Jesus with Trump and his followers It basically boils down to the blind leading the blind!

Trump and his knowledge of history: 1. Trump said that Andrew Jackson, the populist rabble-rousing President with whom he has begun to claim political kinship, had strong thoughts about the Civil War -- even though he died 16 years before the conflict broke out. 2.
Trump Was impressed that Lincoln, who is often judged by historians as the greatest president, was a Republican -- even though it is one of the most familiar historical facts that he was the first Republican Party president. Trump said: "Great president. Most people don't even know he was a Republican," Trump said back in in March. "Does anyone know? Lot of people don't know that." 3. On Feb 1st he asserted that Fredrick Douglas was still alive. Douglas died in 1895! 4. He confused Kim Jong Un with his father Kim Jong Il, said we have been dealing with this guy for a long time and then went on to say that Bill Clinton and Obama got played by him saying: "Everybody has been outplayed, they've all been outplayed by this gentleman, and we'll see what happens." 5. Said that North Korea was once part of China! They may of been a puppet of China but they were never a part of China. 6. Said that Napoleon Bonaparte designed the city of Paris, it was actually Georges-Eugène Haussmann who designed the city and began construction in 1854. Napoleon Bonaparte died In 1821! There are many other " historical facts" that Trump has used that are so far from factual that it is truly sad and even dangerous. Sadly we will probably all be losers in a few years, I hope not but if you know anything about history it all points in that direction.
So.

You forgot one thing Putin bans Western food embargo from EU, European countries, and US due to Ukraine situation. Wonders if Putin extends it once it expires at the end of this year. I watched an episode from Chef's Table. A famous Russian chef talks about what happened to all that Western food after it is banned. They were all destroyed. He also said that local Russian markets are booming, because Russian people are taking advantage of growing local food on their own and are making more money. Interesting.

How do you feel about Merkel? My cousins live in Bremen, Germany.

yes, they are all destroyed, the food were burnt down. thats was years ago. i remember. Thats true.

Merkel ? i have the urge to insult her. i will try to explain calmly from my viewpoint. i am observing as a citizen and do not belong to any party.
She is like model pupil who makes homework if its about economy & banks & export & cars, which everthing involve money.
Well, i assume, she would definetely fail election for sure, if she said she do for poor people and not for rich ones.
She allow to import / products weapon , militäry weapon, illegal attacks, illegal selling to africa and war zones. Many german people dont know and are only satified with tv news. figured.
For number, money wise for them are great ( however i suspect, there are next inflation coming, its never lasted anyway...)
But normal people suffers a lot. Due personal understaffed in many branche, problems searching for cheaper resident ( alot private investor coming here and buying here...) , problem finding real fulltime jobs with good wages. schools are still not renovated, health system need to be better, they dont... i am talking only about normal people like me.
so, the result is, the social infractructure are scrumbling down. merkel still act everything is alright and buying the time.
my biggest fear, she allow to private schools and other buldings. even though a lot of people have already problems with money.
i could write a lot about her and germany, but is would be too much and a lot political issue. however if you have big interest, i am gladly to chat with you per pn.
In short, i feel faint. powerless and same time angry about her.
I hope you understand ? If not, ask. :)

He asked where he flubbed history and I gave him only a few examples and I mean only a few.

Well you got me there, I'll be dang. I don't think anyone could have remembered those answers w/o googling it first. I sure as heck couldn't. How about you? A history professor? On a side note: you sound angry. Need a hug? #MAGA.

Well you got me there, I'll be dang. I don't think anyone could have remembered those answers w/o googling it first. I sure as heck couldn't. How about you? A history professor? On a side note: you sound angry. Need a hug? #MAGA.
He also lies an average of 6.3 times per day! Not angry, just amazed that he got elected! Not a history professor, I just do my homework before I cast my ballot. BTW I didn't vote for Clinton either!

He also lies an average of 6.3 times per day! Not angry, just amazed that he got elected! Not a history professor, I just do my homework before I cast my ballot. BTW I didn't vote for Clinton either!
I did my homework too. Casted my ballot. I (we) did better than you.

Back