NotePad for WM 6 Smartphone Suggestion

IloveVP

Reaction score
I am researching for a simple and straightforward Mobile NotePad freeware program. I am looking at Vieka WordPad but rather wait for any good suggestion from any of you. Thanks

hi there... what purpose do u use for ? html writing or just do the documents ? WM shd include Microsoft office on WM like Excel, Words, and Powerpoint. do u have like that?

hi there... what purpose do u use for ? html writing or just do the documents ? WM shd include Microsoft office on WM like Excel, Words, and Powerpoint. do u have like that?

Smile... No, WM does not have that. You have to purchase. I do not intent to make my phone like a home PC. MS office is a kind of too heavy for a smartphone like that. I just want to have a simple NotePad just in a case that I may need to add something and save that for later reference or follow up later. Nothing fancy...

Smile... No, WM does not have that. You have to purchase. I do not intent to make my phone like a home PC. MS office is a kind of too heavy for a smartphone like that. I just want to have a simple NotePad just in a case that I may need to add something and save that for later reference or follow up later. Nothing fancy...

that is interesting because my mobile has WM6 Pro that has MS office mobile - Excel, MS Words, and PP. my old 8125's WM5 has MS office mobile too. also WM has Notepad as well. maybe those WMs for smartphone may not have what WM for PDA has, correct ? i wish i have two mobiles with me like one PDA and one smartphone so i know the difference...

this is what i have in WM office mobile.
OfficeMobile.jpg

i copied and pasted after researching... interesting...

There Are Real Differences

Because Pocket PC Phones are larger, they almost always feature more powerful hardware. PPC Phones generally have speedier processors, more onboard memory, larger displays, touchscreen and handwriting input, enhanced multimedia capabilities, more expansion options, and, in some cases, dedicated graphics processors. These differences are important, but arguably not as much so as the main difference between Pocket PC Phones and Windows Mobile Smartphones: software.

Windows Mobile for Pocket PC features built-in Office Mobile applications for viewing and editing documents (such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint), a PC-like tap-to-select interface and a more robust set of customization options. Windows Mobile for Smartphone lacks all of these features, but does offer e-mail, limited audio playback for music and audiobooks, limited video playback, text messaging, contact management, etc.

To get an idea of the differences in available third-party software, take a look at the Pocket PC Central Pocket PC Software Center and the Smartphone Software Center. While some applications are compiled to run on both device types, most will run on either one or the other.

sorry that we can not edit or do new documents on WM office on any smartphone. i guess you can try download the one you mentioned in first post.

As you mentioned Documets to Go, I had never knew that I had that along so I checked into that and found five programs in that folder. They are PDF to Go, Sheet to Go (excel), Slide to Go (PowerPoint), Word to Go, (Doc), Zip to Go. Only one PDF to Go is not editable. Maybe you are right about a Smartphone is not a big enough to handle MS Mobile office system. Word to Go is good enough as a NotePad... Thank you DeafClimber...

ok no plm..

yea i agree that smartphone is not good enough for these heavy programs what PDA can do.

Back