Not sure if this should be here BUT - Ally ASL

Juli-terp-to-be

Reaction score
I just got this post via Facebook

"Ally ASL!
UPDATE! So unfortunately I have been "warned" that if I upload any new songs onto YouTube, my account will be terminated - indefinitely (as in forever). Working on what I'm going to do about this... :("

Why is this very sweet woman getting shut down while anyone can post badly sung songs onto Youtube? Unbelievable!

I just got this post via Facebook

"Ally ASL!
UPDATE! So unfortunately I have been "warned" that if I upload any new songs onto YouTube, my account will be terminated - indefinitely (as in forever). Working on what I'm going to do about this... :("

Why is this very sweet woman getting shut down while anyone can post badly sung songs onto Youtube? Unbelievable!

If you got it via facebook then it could be spam? Every links posted on facebook is part of spam. If you actually got that message on youtube then there something is not right. You have a rights to upload your new songs! Something is fishy or unless if I get misunderstand.

NO WAY! She is amazing! How could Youtube do that to her? Youtube must be jealous of her.
[my mistake. I think it is COPYRIGHT reason.]

Last edited:
I dunno why they keep doing it. But it's stupid either way. And this is AFTER ABC did a "Person of the Week" spot on her. YouTube is gonna be in trouuuuuuble. LOL

I dunno why they keep doing it. But it's stupid either way. And this is AFTER ABC did a "Person of the Week" spot on her. YouTube is gonna be in trouuuuuuble. LOL

I saw her on tv. I second on that! Youtube will be in deep dirt! I think we all need to march upon youtube's area. check her post. I posted on her wall. Joseph is me.

wow she is popular....it's been less then an hour since Ally's status update and he already has (as of right now) 112 comments on it. @.@

She is getting to the point of starting to profit from it as in getting the tv spot. So of course they will go after her for profiting without paying to use the songs.

What Ally is doing is giving the deaf access to music via a deaf interpreter and it is a FREE SERVICE. Having a damn greedy corporation slap her account with a warning about uploading new video content is a outright violation to the deaf that needs access to music via a deaf interpreter.

I hope she gets a lawyer and sues.

Technically, people aren't allowed to upload themselves singing crappy versions of copyrighted songs, they just usually don't get DMCA takedown notices because they don't get enough views for the RIAA to hear about them.

Presumably, she is allowed to interpret the songs, but she's probably not allowed to actually play the music itself in the background. It might not be right, but those are how the laws, as they currently stand, have been interpreted by the courts.

Simple, she need to remove the audio track. That leave only the sign language appear as full visual. It will possible avoid from get in trouble

Back