Not deaf, but trying to learn

Dolores

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Danielle. I am not deaf. But I am very interested in learning sign language and more about Deaf culture. Mostly, I want to get to know someone who lives in a different world than I do. I'm not asking anyone to be my tutor, just someone who has the patience to chat with me as I learn. Tell me something about yourself.

Thank you. May I ask either of you ladies how things work around here? I'm obviously new and I joined to make some new friends, but I don't want to come across as weird, you know? Do people usually make new friends around here, or do the veterans sort of stick to themselves?

Welcome Danielle! Well, if you remain active on Alldeaf and post at least on occasion, you can assimilate better to its community. Often, the majority of new members make themselves briefly known with a post or two then are gone forever. It’s not hard, just get involved indefinitely. You’d be surprised what you learn here. ;)

Hard of hearing here and been learning ASL for 2 years and people, who know me a bit, say I have patience to teach ASL even though I am not fluent, just decent, I guess. So, wanna learn from a video call so you learn sign language and have fun? :D

Hard of hearing here and been learning ASL for 2 years and people, who know me a bit, say I have patience to teach ASL even though I am not fluent, just decent, I guess. So, wanna learn from a video call so you learn sign language and have fun? :D
I would LOVE that! Do you have skype?

I have skype and am looking for the same. I only have 1 semester under my belt but I would love to skype to keep what I have learned going. Carlos, Dolores Please message me if you are serious in Skyping. I have a final on Monday, but after that, it is winter break and I am dying to meet someone I can practice/learn with.

I have skype and am looking for the same. I only have 1 semester under my belt but I would love to skype to keep what I have learned going. Carlos, Dolores Please message me if you are serious in Skyping. I have a final on Monday, but after that, it is winter break and I am dying to meet someone I can practice/learn with.
No problem, ill message you when im on. Whats your id

Lol i have no idea how to use it either. Thats something else we can figure out together

Back