Nooooooo! Jack Layton has died :(

Sunshine

Reaction score
So sad! That was really fast...I'm so sad for this! I think JL should been PM...so sad day for Canada. :(

He was only 61. I know he did battle prostate cancer as of last year. A few weeks ago, he announced that he was taking a temporary leave to fight a new form of cancer. He didn't say which. All I know that it wasn't prostate cancer. If it didn't take this long, there's a good chance it may had been pancreas cancer.

He'll be missed.

How old was he?

61. It's quite a shock because it was just a few weeks ago that he announced that he was taking a break from being a leader of one of the political parties (NDP) due to dealing with cancer but none of us knew that it was that bad. He appeared as ok and healthy. He was quite a charismatic leader and I had high hopes that he would help make great changes within the government. He was greatly respected and the void his passing has left will be felt for a long time.

Did anyone read his letter to Canadians dated two days ago? I bawled.

Wow! My condolences to all of my Canadian buddies over this.

My sympathies to all of you guys in Canada. He must have been a remarkable man.

Wirelessly posted

Sending my condolences to Canadian friends.

Last edited:
that is sad :( It is very hard to grieve NDP, politic honor to Jack Layton suffer reason pain sad!

@Sunny Signs: I very much appreciate the quote you've used as your signature. I, too, enjoyed reading his open letter.

It's a sad day for Canadians!

I had read letter five times...kept tear up! Had stop, come back. So very sad. I dearly loved Jack Layton. Only person I ever vote for.

That is good!
12.lona.gif

Huh? Not good he died...so so so sad...

For those who are unaware, Jack Layton was Canada's leader of the opposition.

I heard it gossip on someting politic reason honor on something sad news, reason back up ndp no idea
!

Back