no more Ogo

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cingular has discontinued Ogo. Released by AT&T Wireless :cry:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000990037625/

Some reader comments said: One addition, the Ogo *is* dead, Cing will discontinue the service for existing subscribers sometime before Summer. :confused:

Some Deaf business companies should distribute OGO to their consumers. But they don't Have them. WHY?

Almost deaf customers love OGO and better than T900 and cheaper plan than Sidekick. They can read larger type than sidekick.

Other comments: "Something else that needs to be considered, there are those in this world that don’t need to use a “voice” phone, all they need is the e-mail, IM, SMS, and that would be the deaf community. I know from experience that there are those people who love this device not only cause it’s affordable but that they don’t have to get a crap voice plan that they will never use (Example: T-Mobile Sidekick)."
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000990037625/#c174876

Deaf customers will be upset if service will stop.

I have Blackberry, SK2 and Ogo... Tell ya this, Ogo is "Alrighty". Only real problem is too much delay in getting E mail, plus the indicator lights blinks all the time, no matter if you have e mail waiting or not. Coverage for Ogo is so-so. Compring with Sk2, and for ten dollars more... You get more of bell and whistle... faster e mail retrieval, can do web, better using with relay service. All IM available except MSN and ICQ. Even if running all IM, won't slow down like Ogo.

What I learn about Ogo is that AT&T orignal targeted customers was targeting to teenager. Never intended for deaf customer in the first place.

The reason I don't have Ogo myself because I never heard of it until some people have it and thankfully I did not know about it due to less advisements about that product.

So, I got a SKII instead and had no problem at all except for the nationalwide service outage. That is all that matters :D

haha, I am not surprosed at all!! I just cancelled my services with ogo and soon cancel my hubby's... can't decide which blackberry or skii... hmm. :squint:

I cannot find Ogo's website. I think it used to be an orange company website something like that.

SKII is free for me as long as one year insurance coverage was purchased. They have data only plans without voice plans. I wanted Blackberry, but talked to some guy with SKII and Blackberry. He said Blackberry is excellent for using office applications and email. But Sidekicks are excellent for communcation tools. So, I ended up buying a SK@ instead of Blackberry.

I doubt that Cingular Wireless will discontiue support for OGO for several years. If they should discontiue support for OGO, they usually send letters out to its customers.

diehardbiker65 said:
I have Blackberry, SK2 and Ogo... Tell ya this, Ogo is "Alrighty". Only real problem is too much delay in getting E mail, plus the indicator lights blinks all the time, no matter if you have e mail waiting or not. Coverage for Ogo is so-so. Compring with Sk2, and for ten dollars more... You get more of bell and whistle... faster e mail retrieval, can do web, better using with relay service. All IM available except MSN and ICQ. Even if running all IM, won't slow down like Ogo.

What I learn about Ogo is that AT&T orignal targeted customers was targeting to teenager. Never intended for deaf customer in the first place.
:werd: I noticed that too. I had friends who were so excited to have Ogo. Later, they realized that they had to wait a long time for their emails. As a result, they decided to stick with text messaging and it was a pain in the ass because of the limited amount of text they could send as "1 message". They said that they went with it because it was cheap. They just didn't realize that being cheap was too good to be true. Heh!

Yea, I noticed when I had it. Bought it as temporary purpose. I can't get second line with Tmo on smartaccess. But now, I just added second line with Tmo, that is why I just dumped Ogo.

I just learn that Cingular had offically ease (Stopped) the sale of OGO device as of yesterday! (March 28, 2005). They will continue to serve existing Ogo customers. Soon or later, it will be completely DEAD.

I bet if Cingular decided to improve the feature on OGO, it might be hot seller. Oh well, these ignorant hearies think deafies don't need nothing... sigh!

VamPyroX said:
:werd: I noticed that too. I had friends who were so excited to have Ogo. Later, they realized that they had to wait a long time for their emails. As a result, they decided to stick with text messaging and it was a pain in the ass because of the limited amount of text they could send as "1 message". They said that they went with it because it was cheap. They just didn't realize that being cheap was too good to be true. Heh!

Please don't read anything from the blogs. Information you read at the blogs are not accurate or true. Blogs are web sites where people type their thoughts, theories, and opinions. Sometimes they use blogs to spread lies. If you know someone's blog personally, fine, you can trust that blog. If you don't know anyone and read his/her blog, be careful. If you read something doubtful, please research first.

The first link you gave to us, I checked... guess what? OGO isn't there! All other handheld is there BUT OGO!, Then the second link... said if you are interested in buy OGO, please call this 800 nbr... What gives? I bought online. Now have to call... why?

It sounded like they are phasing out the OGO.

LoveMyBostons said:
I was just at www.attwireless.com message board for Ogo, and it is still for sale. They are NOT discontinuing it.

http://www.cingular.com/ogosales

What you read above is obviously either a rumor or scam.

I clicked on the link I provided in my earlier post, and the web page came up asking if anyone wants to buy an Ogo to call this 800 number. What's wrong with calling the 800 number?

What first link are you talking about??? If you meant www.attwireless.com, I was only referring to a message board, not Ogo sales.

Customer used to be able to order OGO though online. Now why they stopped online orders for OGO while other devices still able to order online? Go figure.
What it looks like they are trying to get rid of the remaining stock of OGO before they finally gone.
So, once the last OGO order was placed, they can tell customer from there and on, sorry sold out.
Im tempted to call this 800 number to find out

LoveMyBostons said:
I clicked on the link I provided in my earlier post, and the web page came up asking if anyone wants to buy an Ogo to call this 800 number. What's wrong with calling the 800 number?

What first link are you talking about??? If you meant www.attwireless.com, I was only referring to a message board, not Ogo sales.

You do know that it's easier to order and stop orders through websites, right?

Whatever the funky reason why there's no longer a way to order the Ogo through online sales, it's not going to be just because it's "going out of stock." It's going to be because someone decided that's the way things are going to be.

So, orders through the 800 number is just fine and dandy, it wastes some sales droid's time, instead of having an automated system do it for them cheaper and faster.

Back