No more CC on WB DVD "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix"

you don't understand,

SDH and Subtitle is LIMIT!!!! they don't have change options only OFF, ON, Country

Digital CC is UNLIMIT - you want choose non-soild or soild background, choose color text yellow, red, white, dark white, choose size small to larage, Off, On lot !!!

you want SDH same as CC options - Soild is off, Font is normal and small, color is white

Digital CC is better than Subtitle / SDH

you don't understand,

SDH and Subtitle is LIMIT!!!! they don't have change options only OFF, ON, Country

Digital CC is UNLIMIT - you want choose non-soild or soild background, choose color text yellow, red, white, dark white, choose size small to larage, Off, On lot !!!

you want SDH same as CC options - Soild is off, Font is normal and small, color is white

Complain about small font? then watch closer to screen or wear glasses are your solve the problem.

I have no complain about SDH issue, you are one of few people are like that. :roll:

Customize subtitles are taking more space on DVD, possible to be more expensive as well but digital CC is exclusive to tv shows or movies (included PPV movies) that are from airing but DVD don't offers like that, except if you have to get Mac to use Apple DVD with full of customize CC.

well... no, it appear that most SDH show with excellent shadow outline around the text. It's still readable which far better than OC at theatre.

Yup, I agree with you. :)

you don't understand,

i have to disagree with you. During my experience with 4 different HDTV, I have play around with digital CC and watch any TV that support digital CC are somewhere difficult to read whatever it nearly match to the color of text to the any object on background, when it set with no background and shadow-drop. Compare to this one and SDH on disc available. I find the better readable is SDH.

i have to disagree with you. During my experience with 4 different HDTV, I have play around with digital CC and watch any TV that support digital CC are somewhere difficult to read whatever it nearly match to the color of text to the any object on background, when it set with no background and shadow-drop. Compare to this one and SDH on disc available. I find the better readable is SDH.

Digital CC would best when use setup box, not from tv setup.

Mixed of HDTV has bad digital CC, some are good, none of them are perfect.

you only SDH fine, you will grow up to old, you cannot read and buy eyeglasses and replace again, Digital CC is perfect without eyeglasses for any young to old for choose options, SDH not have choose, NO GOOD!

I would like SDH with Options (color, font, size etc..)

I prefer Subtittles over CC...Subtittles are way better and more clearer than CC.

Some of you do not seem to understand the author's original post. Not everyone's eyesights are alike. Some people cannot read transparent background sub-titles as well as most people. The author's simply requesting the DVD (or Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) manufacturers to provide the user the ability to change the fonts and background of sub-titles. He is not asking for your opinion of whether digital CC is better or worse than sub-titles. He has serious eyesight problem and he has great difficulty of reading sub-titles with transparent background as opposed to ordinary CC (digital or analog) with solid black background. CC in DVD movies seem to be fading because it's cheaper for DVD manufacturer's to make sub-titles than CC but that's not the solution for everyone.

If some of you prefer sub-titles with transparent background, that's great but don't say that to the original poster.

Peter

you only SDH fine, you will grow up to old, you cannot read and buy eyeglasses and replace again, Digital CC is perfect without eyeglasses for any young to old for choose options, SDH not have choose, NO GOOD!

most of time, I seen SDH are narrow bigger than digital CC at max size. :)

Not all middle-age people have same problem as your does.

There's no options for SDH due taking too much space on DVD.

It's easily for file the complaint to film companies to add CC, along with SDH, that all what I can help you.

There's no options for SDH due taking too much space on DVD.

That's true about limited space for DVD. But Blu-ray or HD-DVD should have enough space to add SDH options if manufacturers have enough time or money to implement them.

Peter

Thank you

Some of you do not seem to understand the author's original post. Not everyone's eyesights are alike. Some people cannot read transparent background sub-titles as well as most people. The author's simply requesting the DVD (or Blu-Ray/HD-DVD) manufacturers to provide the user the ability to change the fonts and background of sub-titles. He is not asking for your opinion of whether digital CC is better or worse than sub-titles. He has serious eyesight problem and he has great difficulty of reading sub-titles with transparent background as opposed to ordinary CC (digital or analog) with solid black background. CC in DVD movies seem to be fading because it's cheaper for DVD manufacturer's to make sub-titles than CC but that's not the solution for everyone.

If some of you prefer sub-titles with transparent background, that's great but don't say that to the original poster.

Peter

you are silly!
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" is very small subtitle, I have Harry Pottery 1 to 4 is perfect read size

most of time, I seen SDH are narrow bigger than digital CC at max size. :)

what is SDH? i use subtitles on my movies and i find them much easier to read then the captions that are mostly gobdligook and odd letters, the subtitles are much better for me, tho i do have a pet peve, buying movies that say they are captiond or subtitled and you get them home and find out they are not, and you take them back to the store to get your money back cus it is no good to you cus you cant hear it, and they tell you that you cant return it cus its opend

Back