No Lock and Screen off for EVO

Dodge Trucker

Reaction score
Hi there! I have EVO and I was very tired of trying to catch the screen to stay on before it locked up. I hate to push power button...turn off my lock every time! UGH!

I went to android forum and I found there is app called NO LOCK. This app is BEST when you leave your phone out (on table..on chair..kitchen..etc etc) when you will not put your phone in holster or pocket for while.

What it does is..it just turns your screen only to lock..and you have 5 sec to hit back button to turn back on...or it will go to sleep (screen only..not whole power off..no no) When you get msg or when you want to go back to screen..you simple push volume control and hold for 1 sec to 2 sec...and then screen back on! Volume control will be used FIRST as "power screen on" and then 2nd as volume control. Understand?? Perfect for me!!

Also have SCREEN OFF app for 99 cents. If you lazy and not want to push power button to turn screen in lock/off before put in pocket/holster...you click screen off and it lock phone up and you no need to push power button..you simple push screen off and put in ur pocket or holster and phone locks up. When you want back to use phone..you HAVE to push power button.

Anyways..I like both because it's hard to push power button with 1 hand...so this makes easy for me. JUST FYI thats all! :D

Thanks for the tip. I did downloaded NO LOCK from app in my EVO. I tested and It's worked.

I also have an Evo however i have no problem with pressing the power button since it is not difficult to press for me, though. I think its cause i have big hand lol.

Thanks for mentioning it though :]

Back