No Closed Caption On Sny ( Sports New York)

Danielle4ASL

Reaction score
I AM A HUDGE BASEBALL FAN FOR THE METS IN NY AND IT PISSES ME OFF THAT SNY ( SPORTS NEW YORK) DOESNT HAVE CLOSED CAPTION SO WHAT DID I DO... I WROTE A LETTER AND I ALSO CALLED AND THE GENTLEMEN SAID " SINCE WE ONLY BE AROUND FOR 2 YRS WE DONT HAVE IT YET, BUT WE ARE WORKING ON IT" " I UNDERSTAND UR FRUSTRATION". THEN MY MOMS LIKE YOU DONT EVEN NEED (CC) FOR WATCHN THIS IM LIKE HELLO YES I DO I WANNA LEARN AND KNOW WHATS GOING ON YEAH YOU CAN SEE IT VISUALLY WHATS GOING ON BUT I WANNA KNOW WHATS BEING SAID I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO. SO WHAT IM TRYIN TO SAY IS IF THIS HAPPENS TO YOU AND THERES NO CLOSED CAPTION ON A SPECIFIC CHANNEL YOU LIKE YOU WRITE TO THE COMPANY AND CONTACT ( ADA) AND THEY WILL HELP YOU!:cool:

I am freelance photo (for Yahoo's rivals.com) at Rutgers Football. Many photographers dislike SNY's crew (Video cameraman and reporter). They did rude!!! Stood to block photographers zone and not follow NCAA's rules.

I prefer ESPN and Major TV Station (ABC, CBS and NBC) as follow NCAA's rules

Which you watching on SNY or going to see the game for baseball that not TV, just you were in real life? I'm very sorry about your frustration. That's sad for lacking accessibility for deafness. :(

I am lucky, I glad I living in St. Paul they does have captioning for most sports on local TV stations and FSN North including.
Please Note: FSN North are all captioned by VITAC even on pre-game and post-game for any sports; also all FSN North are all captioned even non-sports programming for Vikings wrap.
- Twins MLB Basketball (on FSN since 2004 and WFTC 29 since 2006on every Sundays,
- Timberwolves NBA Basketball (KSTC have captioned by Paradigm Reporting & Captioning; and FSN have captioned too since 2006)
- Vikings (national television like CBS and Fox have all captioning since
late 1990s.
- Wild (KSTC have closed-captioning by LNS captioning aside the news captioning, FSN have closed-captioned also. both are since 2006.)
- Lynx (women NBA basketball) for FSN have all captioning since 2006.)
- even college sports and High School sports (FSN have captioned at all since 2006)
- even St. Paul Saints (only on FSN have captioning since 2006, not KSTC are yet.)

Hey, I saw on free preview for NBA, MLB and NHL -- there
Comcast Sportnet in Chicago doesn't have captioning
for any sports.
Also, Altitude Sports Network (launched in 2004) don't have
captioning until I will see in 2009 so that will possibly be captioned?

I am freelance photo (for Yahoo's rivals.com) at Rutgers Football. Many photographers dislike SNY's crew (Video cameraman and reporter). They did rude!!! Stood to block photographers zone and not follow NCAA's rules.

I prefer ESPN and Major TV Station (ABC, CBS and NBC) as follow NCAA's rules

I don't care about ESPN, NCAA's rule are not bother me.

Q: Is closed captioning available on SportsNet New York?
A: We are always looking to add features to help make our telecasts more enjoyable for all of our viewers. However, when starting a new network - adding all of these different elements take time. Closed captioning is important to SNY, and we currently are looking into adding this feature to our channel. In the interim, we ask that you remain patient as we work toward adding closed captioning to our network.

http://web.sny.tv/about/faq.jsp

Back