Nicknames?

OK, Botts, from you, I'll take it.

So long as you promise me that "dog" is NOT the same thing as "bitch." Both my dogs are males, after all!

Not like bitch at all. Just you are the dog loving G.

Jiro's real name can easily be used as a fingerspelling loan sign, so I agree - fingerspelling his name is more than enough. A name sign for him would be like having tonsil implants. ;)

Jiro's real name can easily be used as a fingerspelling loan sign, so I agree - fingerspelling his name is more than enough. A name sign for him would be like having tonsil implants. ;)

:giggle:

My nickname is 'Moon'. A little 2 year old boy called me that because thats how it came out when he tried calling me Simone. It stuck. I have been called "Moon" or 'Miz Moon' for 20 years now. LOL

Wow, I'm soooo late on this. I always get messages late, after ten responses. SMH. I get it now. Well maybe in the future I will have a deaf friend. In the meantime, I will stick to my usual name. :ty:

I was given a very simple, plain non-descript name sign at deaf church last week. Kind of Plain Jane and others at the church said it didn't suit me. Then this morning, someone asked me about a name sign and I remembered what someone here on AD mentioned a few years back would be good for me. I think it was CrazyMeg. It went in with my shyness so it was signing a "K" in the sign for "shy". The church agreed that it was good and fit me very well.

I did not have name sign for years even though I was growing in the deaf community. :lol: It is where i came from school that most of them are hearing teachers with terrible signs and had no deaf role models. Most of kids who have hearing parents that i grew up until I first time met my friend who has deaf parents when i was 12 that i slept over my friends home almost every weekend. I have been given name signs but none of those name signs are clickable for me. everyone spells my inital name and it works. lol

I did not have name sign for years even though I was growing in the deaf community. :lol: It is where i came from school that most of them are hearing teachers with terrible signs and had no deaf role models. Most of kids who have hearing parents that i grew up until I first time met my friend who has deaf parents when i was 12 that i slept over my friends home almost every weekend. I have been given name signs but none of those name signs are clickable for me. everyone spells my inital name and it works. lol

I know those teachers and when I started working with them, I threw a big FIT for giving the deaf kids name signs...some of the name signs were totally inappropriate. They now let deaf staff or deaf adults handle it.

I know those teachers and when I started working with them, I threw a big FIT for giving the deaf kids name signs...some of the name signs were totally inappropriate. They now let deaf staff or deaf adults handle it.

I agree. It has to get a good clickable when the name sign is given by any close deaf people. That's great

My sign name came from my first ASL teacher. My hair has a distinctive silver streak right over my right eye. So she would fingerspell a J on where my streak would be.

My sign name came from my first ASL teacher. My hair has a distinctive silver streak right over my right eye. So she would fingerspell a J on where my streak would be.

I remember a deaf guy who has Wardenburg who had a wide white streak in his hair. You can prolly guess his sign name. His nickname was Skunky.

Back