Newly implanted, just turned on 2 days ago

Yep, I'm trying to figure out why theres no sound and everyones running in yelling " WHY SO LOUD" ? lol
Yeah,i think sometimes we get so used to the silence,that for a moment we forget that, hey we can hear!!

Nah, it's just that the forum software won't let you remove what you type in the box if you change your mind before you even click the Post Reply button, so when I saw I still had a unfinished post in the box, I deleted it and replaced it with you-know-who's signature post. ;)
Yup, I was thinking Wut u was thoughtin too.... lol

Yes, I can hear and carry a conversation standing next to a gas powered compressor running. No residual hearing at all.
Wow,that is awesome for you!! I couldnt do that unless maybe turning the setting button down for how much surrounding noise comes into my ear,i haven't tried doing that yet,guess its time i found out,huh?!

Wow,that is awesome for you!! I couldnt do that unless maybe turning the setting button down for how much surrounding noise comes into my ear,i haven't tried doing that yet,guess its time i found out,huh?!
I didn't use angle sounds or any of the other recommended programs to listen to... I went straight to music after activation, My brain adapted faster and I was able to sort out each instrument and vocals as well, so I crammed my skull full right from the start...

That's awesome! The only thing I don't like about your comment is the timing. I want it NOW NOW NOW. As another person said, it takes time. I am on a tight schedule as I have a great paying job waiting for me. He said it's mine whenever I want it so I want it NOW lol. Patience was never a virtue of mine but I have no choice. Doing 2 hrs of rehab a day to speed it up. I actually heard a couple words come through in the background beyond the beeps yesterday when I was reading out loud to myself. So far, this has been a very humbling experience and I am just getting started. Best part is I am not self conscious about it all, which was an issue for me. Went out to dinner last night and caught the waitress looking at it. Without looking up from my menu I calmly said "what you are looking at is a cochlear implant" lol. Then we talked about it. I forget I am wearing it too. Was pouring some concrete on my farm and it started raining. Kept going for 10 mins before I realized I needed to take it off. Really looking forward to watching UK basketball games again with captions off and listening to the announcers.
My CI was activated Nov. 28 and I was surprised that I'm not self conscious about it. Maybe that's because we have accomplished something we're proud of and don't mind talking about.

My CI was activated Nov. 28 and I was surprised that I'm not self conscious about it. Maybe that's because we have accomplished something we're proud of and don't mind talking about.
I was the same way, didn't like the hearing aids (except the all in the canal) but since getting my N6, I am loud n proud !

Attachments

• IMG_5824.JPG
    IMG_5824.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 8
Back