Newbies: Quick FAQs

How do I create a blog?

Hello I am new to this site, and I am trying to figure out how to create a new blog?
Thanks for a any help

Hello I am new to this site, and I am trying to figure out how to create a new blog?
Thanks for a any help

This poster is probably not going to come back. But, I am going to answer this questions for future newbies. Just look up to see Blogs right next to "User CP". You will see a list:

Blogs
- Your Blogs
- Recent Entries
- Best Blogs
- Blogs List
- Search Blogs

I suggest you to try "Your Blogs" if you want to start with writing. Hope that helps! :)

i have moderate to severe hearing loss im 14 and i started to lose it last year and it really got worst and its really hard for me:( the audiologist dont know whats wrong but im getting my hearing aids on the 22 :D

i have moderate to severe hearing loss im 14 and i started to lose it last year and it really got worst and its really hard for me:( the audiologist dont know whats wrong but im getting my hearing aids on the 22 :D

Hey buddy :)

I'm new here too. I'm 18 and have a severe loss. My loss used to be mild and I didn't wear aids but I'm getting new ones in the new year since my hearings dipped :) I second what you say about the change being hard but hang in there buddy :)

Beethoven from Canada

Like Beethoven, I am cranky and grouchy, ha, ha. Seriously, I lost my hearing in one ear suddenly when I was 40 and I now have constant tinnitus in that ear. I have severe to profound loss in the remaining ear. I am looking for a group or people who would be willing to talk and know what I am going through. I feel very isolated as I live in a one-horse town in B.C. and there is no support for the hearing impaired or deaf whatsoever. I would really appreciate some help, thank you! I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

Jennifer aka Catwoman

Like Beethoven, I am cranky and grouchy, ha, ha. Seriously, I lost my hearing in one ear suddenly when I was 40 and I now have constant tinnitus in that ear. I have severe to profound loss in the remaining ear. I am looking for a group or people who would be willing to talk and know what I am going through. I feel very isolated as I live in a one-horse town in B.C. and there is no support for the hearing impaired or deaf whatsoever. I would really appreciate some help, thank you! I am new to this site, so please bear with me.

Jennifer aka Catwoman

There is a thread further down on the board for people with late onset hearing loss.

I'm so sorry!

Jen M.

To Jens Cats

Thank you for your kind message. I really appreciate your answer. I checked your homepage, and I am also a Stephen King fan!!! I hope you might consider being friends? Anyways, many thanks for the post.

Jennifer from Terrace, B.C. :)

Palolo Bob

Hello, I am a newbee and need some advise on where to view a particular type of thread or perhaps start one of my own.
I recently published a work of historial fiction in which I feature a deaf man. In this novel, this character becomes quite a hero because of his ability to communicate with deaf of other cultures, races and geographic locations over 1000 years ago in the Pacific and coastal South, Central and North America.

I would like to discuss my theory regarding this ability of ancient deaf people to communicate using signing language, inspite of their geographical and cultural differences.

Palolo Bob
qsiaz@yahoo.com

thank you iam new that helps alot :D 20 yr old with severe loss in both ears will be getting oticon safari 900 p

Hello i am new to this ,I have tried to put new forum post and nothing come on .so how do it ? thank

Hi all!! I am a new ASL student and I am trying hard to learn the culture. I am a Spanish Interpreter, but I am working hard on my ASL because I would like to be an ASL Interpreter as well. I am a single mother who works and goes to school full time, so I am unable to attend any of the Silent Dinners in my area because they conflict with my night classes. I am interested in meeting those deaf or HOH who would like to Skype or video chat (serious people only please!!) as a way of practicing my signing (you can't really sign on a blog!! lol), my way of trying to work around the situation! :) Please let me know...I am really excited to get to know all of you!! :)

Hi!

I'm also new, have hearing aids for almost 10 years, nice to meet you

Hi! I'm Kayleen. I'm HoH and have been as long as I can remember. My family refused to believe me as a child when I told them I couldn't hear and I didn't get any assistance until I was out of HS. Now I have HA's (Oticon Dual) but they aren't working as well as I wanted. My mother payed for a portion of them and her stipulation to the audi was that my HA must be invisible. I want to know if there is anything else I could try. Also, I would like to learn ASL...

Hi! I'm Kayleen. I'm HoH and have been as long as I can remember. My family refused to believe me as a child when I told them I couldn't hear and I didn't get any assistance until I was out of HS. Now I have HA's (Oticon Dual) but they aren't working as well as I wanted. My mother payed for a portion of them and her stipulation to the audi was that my HA must be invisible. I want to know if there is anything else I could try. Also, I would like to learn ASL...

I know you probably need your mother's financial assistance, but if you're out of HS, then you're probably 18 or older and an adult. You should insist on being able to get the best HAs for your hearing loss regardless if they're invisible or not. BTW, even BTE (behind-the-ear) HAs are rarely notices by other people (usually only noticed by those of us who wear HAs). And they come in many different colors now and you can get colored ear molds (assuming you need the power of BTE's).

As for ASL, do you live near your state's school for the deaf? They may have community classes. Or check the colleges in your area.

hello people, i am actually hearing. i joined this community because i need help for my asl2 final. what we need to do is find a deaf person and interview them. if you have a skype or any form of instant messenger that would help me alot.

Back