new very different tires for better gas

webexplorer

Reaction score
There are a rumor that Michelin Company is the first one that sells its strong plastic tire in August 2012. It will save a lot of gas. This is probably the best design I ever seen, and that makes a lot of sense to me. Here are four pictures. No worries about flat tires, refill air, nails, etc.

tire1.jpg

tire2.jpg

tire3.jpg

tire4.jpg

:-o.... How about rainy road or dive over 3 or 4 inches of water flooded on the road??? Look like Steamboat with big paddle wheels... Bad idea

it has been around for a long time. wonder what's taking them so long. maybe it was because the original version wasn't that great.

Plastic??? Not a good idea in Arizona where the hot sun will cause the plastic to break down.

I know about that in few years ago. It's have a issue due noise. Who care for Deaf driver like us.

Buffalo, Did you know that all old school tires are plastic?

Oh good. Bridgestone thermoplastic rib part of the tire is recyclable but still I want to know how well it stay in good shape under the hot sun. I wonder if they are more costly than the regular ones.

Bridgestone Debuts Airless Car Tire - Earth911.com

Still not finish business, need more time to test.... maybe they try to test on the roads in Arizona to prove if they can stand the brutal heat....

it has been around for a long time. wonder what's taking them so long. maybe it was because the original version wasn't that great.
Yeah... it's been around for years. I think the first time I read about it was 4 to 5 years ago.

How does that affect vehicles with turbocharged engines? Would it improve or lessen the performance?? WOuld that make a car go faster or slower??

Back