mdeitsch5

Reaction score
Hello. My name is McKenzie. Technically yes I am "hearing". I use quotes because I'm pretty much hard of hearing in my left hear only. Which initially means I can hear just fine unless you speak softly while standing on my left side. I have been learning sign language purely because I want to and I have gained a lot of interest in the deaf community. I would love to make friends within that community.

:welcome: Hello. I'm a late deafie and I have been trying to get in the world for awhile. There are a lot of people here to talk to but the best way is to go to deaf events. I live very close to the deaf school and I'm going to take college courses there for 2 semesters. I'm also going to go to the football games and all the other events. I have made one really good friend so far that went there. Try it out and it's easier to learn ASL if you immerse yourself with people you are deaf face to face.

:welcome: Hello. I'm a late deafie and I have been trying to get in the world for awhile. There are a lot of people here to talk to but the best way is to go to deaf events. I live very close to the deaf school and I'm going to take college courses there for 2 semesters. I'm also going to go to the football games and all the other events. I have made one really good friend so far that went there. Try it out and it's easier to learn ASL if you immerse yourself with people you are deaf face to face.
That's great to know thank you for the help!

Hello @Mdeltsch5 welcome to Alldeaf! Can feel free to contact me anytime and maybe can get to know each other. Nice to meet you. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Back