New to alldeaf

tcristallo

Reaction score
Hello my name is Tracy. I am new to alldeaf. This is the first time I have posted in a forum. My sister in law who is 36 years old has recently gone deaf. She is an amazing woman with 3 children, a husband, and a business. She has been in the families restaurant business all her life. She recently relocated to San Luis Obispo California and opened a new Italian Restaurant. During this move she lost all her hearing. She has been to Stanford and is a candidate for the Cochlear Ear Implant. The problem is that she has no insurance and with just opening a new business is quit strapped for money. Does anyone have any ideas, advice, or information as to where we can find help with financing? I know that I have tossed out a jumbled mess here, but she is such an amazing person and I am willing to do whatever to make this happen for her. This has turned her childrens lives upside down, put a strain on her marriage, and she is on the verge of loosing her business. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Tracy

First... Hello and Welcome Here... :):):)

Aww... :( I am sure that here alldeaf will helpful information with what do ?

Maybe tell your sis in law to come here too :dunno2:

Good luck!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Yes, please bring your sister in law in for the Deaf Chat and also finding out information that we might help her with her problem at home and at work. Running a restaurant is very hectic and busy to keep up with the customers for their food. You both will learn a lot from us with many topics here on the forum. I hope you and your sister in law enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. I hope to see you all around. :wave:

Hello and :welcome: to AD! You will find lots of topics of interests which may help you and your sister-in-law. Enjoy! :)

hello and welcome first off 2nd... if she really wants the CI then i would ask for a loan or ask the state that your in for the money. I would actually forget about the business because im sure she is under alot of stress as you meantained maybe she should sell it only to help herself. I had a pizzeria last yr my family opened i recently got so sick and im still sick and they closed it because of me its get to be really stress full.
if u need any1 talk to or if she need sum1 talk to you can have her message me and ill email her privately my email addy. im willing to help any way i can plus i know alot of people.

Hi, about your situation, my opinion would be to start looking into health insurance plans that will cover the majority of the implant and operation. Some may require a certain time period to pass before the coverage will kick in. Does her husband's employer offer health insurance plans? The Lions Club may also help finance the procedure. Here's the contact info I found, unfortunately no number listed, it appears to be a type of walk-in meeting:

Club Details -- SAN LUIS OBISPO -- CALIFORNIA
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Club Number:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0000002411 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]District: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 A3 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]President: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DENNIS WHEELER Jr. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meeting Place: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IHOP Restaurant [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meeting Address:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]212 MADONNA ROAD [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Meeting Time:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TH,All,12:10PM [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Telephone Number:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Email Address:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]sloden@sbcglobal.net [/FONT]
[/FONT]

The website can be found here: http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.shtml##

Good Luck!

aloha and welcome.

SLO, right in central california, myself from NorCal.

May the best lucks to you in future time.

Back