New puppy

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
I wanted to share my good news with everyone! I'm getting a new puppy. She's a 13 wk old teacup Yorkshire Terrier, and she will be arriving tomorrow! Just in time for my birthday this Wed. She weighs about 2ibs at this time.

I'm sorry I don't have pictures or that many details about her, but she is a gift from Mom and Dad. Once we get her, I'll have pictures to share.

I'm SO excited that I can't wait!

Lucky you! I will be excited to see the pictures. There is no better gift than a puppy.

Lucky you! I will be excited to see the pictures. There is no better gift than a puppy.

Thanks Sally and Bott.

Bott:

There is a story behind this. I had a teacup yorkie years ago that was born with serious neurological issues. His name was Peanut and he passed away in 1997. I adored my little guy and I've always wanted another yorkie after the loss of Peanut. I'm not sure why I waited so long, but I'm really happy that I'm gonna be getting this little one. :)

Whoever says that you can't buy love has never had a puppy. :D

Thanks Sally and Bott.

Bott:

There is a story behind this. I had a teacup yorkie years ago that was born with serious neurological issues. His name was Peanut and he passed away in 1997. I adored my little guy and I've always wanted another yorkie after the loss of Peanut. I'm not sure why I waited so long, but I'm really happy that I'm gonna be getting this little one. :)

I am very happy for you! :)

Happy for you too!...Puppies are adorable, sweet...ahh, just love 'em! When my Shistzu passed, I got a Pomeranian, and she the love of my life, goes everywhere with me.

Congrats and have fun and laughter with ur puppy!

Whoever says that you can't buy love has never had a puppy. :D

or kittens! But, I feel you! :)

This actually will be my first time owning a teacup yorkie puppy. When I aquired Peanut (my first dog that passed away) when he was 18 mos old, so technically, he was an adult. I'll actually get to raise her and see what a true puppy is like! We will be crate training her until she's housebroken and will get her spade when she's old enough.

Ditto!!! Even though I'm a kitty-lover I still love puppy pics too!!!! :wave:

I know, Jamie. Kitties are adorable, too. My first pet when I was a little girl was a Persian kitty and I was raised with them. Dogs didn't really enter my life until I became an adult. Now, its hard for me to decide which I like better... a dog or a cat, but really, I love them both; especially babies! :)

Thanks for your well wishes. I'm SO excited! I get more and more excited as I think about her!

I know, Jamie. Kitties are adorable, too. My first pet when I was a little girl was a Persian kitty and I was raised with them. Dogs didn't really enter my life until I became an adult. Now, its hard for me to decide which I like better... a dog or a cat, but really, I love them both; especially babies! :)

Thanks for your well wishes. I'm SO excited! I get more and more excited as I think about her!

Dunno whether you already have a name for the puppy but I'm sure a few of us could help you with that :giggle:

Dunno whether you already have a name for the puppy but I'm sure a few of us could help you with that :giggle:

I'm calling her Gidget. My best friend is losing her cat, so I thought it would be nice if I named my little one after her beloved pet. :)

I'm calling her Gidget. My best friend is losing her cat, so I thought it would be nice if I named my little one after her beloved pet. :)

:( That's so sad for your friend... yet so nice of her to let you take over the name. Gidget... never heard about it but it sounds cute! :D

I am just so excited for you OB.

I know the same feeling I had with each of my cats, we got them when they were small. Hannah was the smallest kitten of all so I was able to see her grow.

Gidget, *sighs*, can you just twinge my heart anymore? This is so sweet.

:( That's so sad for your friend... yet so nice of her to let you take over the name. Gidget... never heard about it but it sounds cute! :D

Well, this is off-topic, but there was a TV show back in the 60s called "Gidget" with Sally Field in the title role. I don't know if my friend named her kitty after the TV show or not, but possibly. At any rate, the name will be handed down to my puppy from her kitty. :)

Thank you for your sentiments, though, Jamie. It is sad that my friend is having to put her cat to sleep. I feel so bad for her, but she is happy for me. Hopefully, she will have some solace in knowing that her cat's name will be handed down? I hope so. :aw:

I am just so excited for you OB.

I know the same feeling I had with each of my cats, we got them when they were small. Hannah was the smallest kitten of all so I was able to see her grow.

Gidget, *sighs*, can you just twinge my heart anymore? This is so sweet.

Thank you, Patty. I grew up with cats, too, so I understand. I'm SO over the moon about this puppy. And, the name... Oh, I know! Can you imagine a 2ib puppy named Gidget? It doesn't get anymore cuter or sweeter than THAT!

Back