New processor from AB

It says it will work with things like compilot, wonder if they could connect a Naida and the CI for people with one CI and one HA?

I think it looks a bit like the N5!

Personally for me tho, I still would go with cochlear as I personally know too many people with AB implants that are failing, 4 that are my friends and I met another person at a deaf event, so 5 in total!

It says it will work with things like compilot, wonder if they could connect a Naida and the CI for people with one CI and one HA?

I think it looks a bit like the N5!

Personally for me tho, I still would go with cochlear as I personally know too many people with AB implants that are failing, 4 that are my friends and I met another person at a deaf event, so 5 in total!

Failing? Elaborate please.

And yes, it can connect to a Naida.

Failing? Elaborate please.

And yes, it can connect to a Naida.

But can the Naida and CI connect at the same time to the ComPilot. At the moment, the ComPilot can only accept one code from one hearing aid so if you have 2 different types of Phonak hearing aids like a Naida SP and a Naida UP it won't connect to both.

Failing = implant is failing and have gone from hearing bass sounds and high frequencies to only been able to hear extremely high frequencies and my friends can no longer *again* hear without Lipreading, use the phone etc etc. I don't know the fine details as I've never asked but I've watched them start to struggle and they hate that the ENT surgeon won't re implant until its completly failed. They used to cope really well and you wouldn't know they were deaf apart from their speech, they could hear very well with their CIs.

But can the Naida and CI connect at the same time to the ComPilot. At the moment, the ComPilot can only accept one code from one hearing aid so if you have 2 different types of Phonak hearing aids like a Naida SP and a Naida UP it won't connect to both.

Failing = implant is failing and have gone from hearing bass sounds and high frequencies to only been able to hear extremely high frequencies and my friends can no longer *again* hear without Lipreading, use the phone etc etc. I don't know the fine details as I've never asked but I've watched them start to struggle and they hate that the ENT surgeon won't re implant until its completly failed. They used to cope really well and you wouldn't know they were deaf apart from their speech, they could hear very well with their CIs.

I would prefer exact details. 5 "failing" is a bit excessive for any one person to personally know (I can believe you know 5 people with various issues.) Implants don't just go around failing as much as certain individuals like to tell themselves. There are more details to be had before "failing" can be declared.

Reliability has been used as a marketing propaganda point by Cochlear Corp for a long time now in absence of any technological edge. The fact is they have a huge amount of failures with their newer implant that has been in recall.. failures that weren't reported until there were too many and they continue to mount. That begs reassessing your perception of how the company is run.

Implant failures happen.. period. No company has reliability cornered and looking at one as "more reliable' amounts to nothing more than having been susceptible to the marketing.

I respect anyone's educated choice.... but when that reason is given as "reliability" then it is not an educated one based on reality. Someone educated on reliability-reality would have their perception of Cochlear changed very quickly. There are better reasons for choosing one implant over another and it boils down to what feature set an individual prefers.

I would prefer exact details. 5 "failing" is a bit excessive for any one person to personally know (I can believe you know 5 people with various issues.) Implants don't just go around failing as much as certain individuals like to tell themselves. There are more details to be had before "failing" can be declared.

Reliability has been used as a marketing propaganda point by Cochlear Corp for a long time now in absence of any technological edge. The fact is they have a huge amount of failures with their newer implant that has been in recall.. failures that weren't reported until there were too many and they continue to mount. That begs reassessing your perception of how the company is run.

Implant failures happen.. period. No company has reliability cornered and looking at one as "more reliable' amounts to nothing more than having been susceptible to the marketing.

I respect anyone's educated choice.... but when that reason is given as "reliability" then it is not an educated one based on reality. Someone educated on reliability-reality would have their perception of Cochlear changed very quickly. There are better reasons for choosing one implant over another and it boils down to what feature set an individual prefers.

I personally don't know exact details! I don't go with them to their appointments. I'm not an expert on the actual implants. Only going what them and their parents have said to me!

From what I've read it seems like the ha and the CI will work together like two of the same phonak ha's would it says it has quick sync which syncs phonak ha's normally!

oh cool! that's pretty exciting! So glad I went with AB so I can take advantage of both AB and Phonak technology!

Oh man.
I still love cochlear but I'm jealous that phonak is teamed up with AB. That is damn sexxy

oooh yeah, hopefully next year I'll get some health insurance and can see if I can be implanted. I worry that my otosclerosis could have done too much damage to my cochlea for it to work for me. BUT if I can....I'm pretty sure I know which company I'll be going with :D

I'm getting evaluated for a CI on Friday and AB told me I would get the new processor :)

keep in mind the neptune is also new so they could have been talking about that

I'm getting evaluated for a CI on Friday and AB told me I would get the new processor :)

Yes, they may mean the Neptune. If your Center gives you two processors per ear, you may be able to get a voucher for the new BTE. So you would use the Neptune and keep the Harmony sealed for trade when the new BTE arrives. I'd love to have to started off with those two processors.

they can also get like a "coupon" so if they have the option of getting 2 processors for one ear, they can get the Neptune, and hold onto the "coupon" until the newest processor is available, and they trade the coupon for the new processor. Who knows when it'll be available in the USA, as we have to wait on the FDA to approve of it. Sounds like it's rolling out in the UK within the next few weeks/months, and then the US will get it after the UK does.

oooh yeah, hopefully next year I'll get some health insurance and can see if I can be implanted. I worry that my otosclerosis could have done too much damage to my cochlea for it to work for me. BUT if I can....I'm pretty sure I know which company I'll be going with :D

did doctor tell you about otsclerosis??? just wonder. If they approves you then it isn't worth to worry about for nothing. i must be missing something.

did doctor tell you about otsclerosis??? just wonder. If they approves you then it isn't worth to worry about for nothing. i must be missing something.

Oh yeah, I was diagnosed with otosclerosis years and years and years ago. I have no idea if it could have caused too much damage to the cochlea to get implanted or not. But I think it's a possibility. I'm not over worried or pessimistic about it, but I want to be mentally prepared for the disappointment, ya know. Expectation is the source of all heart ache.

Yes, they may mean the Neptune. If your Center gives you two processors per ear, you may be able to get a voucher for the new BTE. So you would use the Neptune and keep the Harmony sealed for trade when the new BTE arrives. I'd love to have to started off with those two processors.

No, she specifically meant the new BTE.

#1 My surgery won't be until March or May. There's time for it to be approved.
#2 Did I say I would be getting it upon activation? No. I may have to wait. Regardless, I will be receiving it in leu of the Harmony.

Sometimes you guys are very off-putting in thinking you know better than everyone else.

#1 My surgery won't be until March or May. There's time for it to be approved.
#2 Did I say I would be getting it upon activation? No. I may have to wait. Regardless, I will be receiving it in leu of the Harmony.

Sometimes you guys are very off-putting in thinking you know better than everyone else.

I would think that is most likely. That is what happened when I had my surgery. At the time, the Harmony had not yet been released. So I used the the older Body Worn Processor, the Platinum Series (PSP), until the Harmony was released and I traded in the unopened Auria BTE Processor. You will most likely do exactly the same thing, except you'll use a Neptune (much smaller and lighter!) in the meantime.

I would hope no one is starting off with a Harmony now. It's just too close (under a year) to the time of release of the new Processor. It really is a huge improvement in size as well as technological features. I cannot wait to be walking around with music piped wirelessly from my Samsung Note II!

Back