New old guy

yambok

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
My name is Jon and I am hearing impaired in both ears.
Have been subject to abuse from work colleagues who call me 'stupid'
Looking for chat, friendship?

Welcome, Jon.

Unfortunately, that's a common rudeness to deafies. You need to write down the date, time, location, and circumstance of every instance of abuse and name calling and give a copy to your immediate superior. If he or she is no help after a reasonable time, take another current copy to the next higher authority. Keep it up until the abuse stops.

Lots of people here like to chat. Choose some topics being discussed and join in.

Friends are made by letting others know about yourself.

Chase, another old guy.

Hello and welcome Jon! Do join in and hope you will enjoy a variety of topics of interests. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf. I hope ya will enjoy reading and posting. :)

Thanks

Hi Guys and thanks for the warm welcome....not to good with computers at the mo...need time to see how all this works? lol
Jon UK

Welcome, Jon.

Unfortunately, that's a common rudeness to deafies. You need to write down the date, time, location, and circumstance of every instance of abuse and name calling and give a copy to your immediate superior. If he or she is no help after a reasonable time, take another current copy to the next higher authority. Keep it up until the abuse stops.

Lots of people here like to chat. Choose some topics being discussed and join in.

Friends are made by letting others know about yourself.

Chase, another old guy.

Thanks Chase...the culprits have been dealt with under UK law with one employee being dismissed. I don't take shit from hearing people who think they are superior.
Not to sure what to say about myself on here? We all need good friends, God knows I do!
How old are you Chase? I am 59 but have to retire in May 2009.
Jon

People are so rude. One of my clients is a deaf boy and his former foster family treated him like a slave.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, Yambok. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. You are not that old yet, because I think being 65 is really becoming old. I am an elder (62) but I don't look old, not yet though. Hehehe. Have fun with us and see you around. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, yambok. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. You are not that old yet, but I think 65 is old enough to become a Senior or Elder. I am an Elder of 62 years old and I don't look old, not yet. Hehehe. Just have fun with us and see you around. :wave:

Hey

Sorry to hear about your situation. I'm hoh myself, i'v been lucky to work in a
place where everyone is willing to help me if i have a communication problem.
Most time I get by fine but theres been time when I was basicly deaf (regained some hearing through surgeries) and my co-workers were willing
to do whatever they needed to help. Hope your situation gets better good
luck .

Back