New Naida Q

lovezebras

Reaction score
So I got the new Naida Q70 UP today! It does sound much better than the SP and better than the Core UP I have. I can't tell much difference yet since everything was a bit loud today. I haven't work a hearing aid in that ear since around christmas :/ I go back in 2 weeks for a follow up fitting :)

So I got the new Naida Q70 UP today! It does sound much better than the SP and better than the Core UP I have. I can't tell much difference yet since everything was a bit loud today. I haven't work a hearing aid in that ear since around christmas :/ I go back in 2 weeks for a follow up fitting :)

Lucky. I'm really considering the new AB/Phonak implant.
I currently have Naidas (the first generation without any of the fancy stuff) and I honestly only wear them when I am out and about. There is too much noise and honestly speech still doesn't make sense.
Which is why I'm hoping to get a CI or two.

Are those RICs? Do you get enough bass? Bss is pretty much all I can hear these days so I'm interested in whether these could help with hearing loss that begins at 80dB in low frequency and drops off to 120 by the high frequency.

Are those RICs? Do you get enough bass? Bss is pretty much all I can hear these days so I'm interested in whether these could help with hearing loss that begins at 80dB in low frequency and drops off to 120 by the high frequency.

She has the Naida Q70 UP not the Naida Q70 RIC.

You need the UPs to get the most amount of bass.

If I remember rightly the SP is least power, then its the RIC and then its the UP with the most amount of bass in the UP.

Last edited:
If I remember rightly the SP is least power, then its the RIC and then its the UP with the most amount of bass in the UP.

I thought the SP has more power than the RIC? And then UP has the most power.

I'm doing OK with my 90 SPs, but what is significance of SP vs UP? 70 vs 90?

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

I'm doing OK with my 90 SPs, but what is significance of SP vs UP? 70 vs 90?

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

Different between SP and UP is more power with the UP, which is why people find the UP to be clearer, more so if you are close to the limits of the SPs. UP takes a bigger battery so you get much better battery life. UP is slightly bigger but not by much at all. If your loss fits both the SPs and UPs, I would get the UPs due to better battery life and you'll have maximum power incase your hearing loss gets worse.

70 is mid level and 90 is top of the range. You can get either Naida Q70 SP or Naida Q70 UPs or Naida Q90 SP or Naida Q90 UPs.

Ya i have the naida V UP core UP (first generation naida) and the new Naida Q70 UP the noise reduction on the new one is actually really good compared to the other. I was wearing just the one today to get used to it faster and not my right since my left hasn't had like any stim since christmas. Anyway I ended up picking up some music coming from the radio that someone left on to play in the background. I was like what the heck is that?! I was really surprised...and the q doesn't pick up all the noise that the first gen naida does! Phonak has really stepped up the Q compared to the first gen naida. I really like it so far!

Different between SP and UP is more power with the UP, which is why people find the UP to be clearer, more so if you are close to the limits of the SPs. UP takes a bigger battery so you get much better battery life. UP is slightly bigger but not by much at all. If your loss fits both the SPs and UPs, I would get the UPs due to better battery life and you'll have maximum power incase your hearing loss gets worse.

70 is mid level and 90 is top of the range. You can get either Naida Q70 SP or Naida Q70 UPs or Naida Q90 SP or Naida Q90 UPs.

Here is the professional data sheet for the Naida Qs listing all of their differences. Trust me - as a guy in new hearing aid mode I've been doing my research for awhile now. Hehehe!

Naida Q Professional Data sheet

She has the Naida Q70 UP not the Naida Q70 RIC.

You need the UPs to get the most amount of bass.

I googled Naida Q 70 but left off the UP and the first few results were the RICs. Oops. My mistake.

Ya i have the naida V UP core UP (first generation naida) and the new Naida Q70 UP the noise reduction on the new one is actually really good compared to the other. I was wearing just the one today to get used to it faster and not my right since my left hasn't had like any stim since christmas. Anyway I ended up picking up some music coming from the radio that someone left on to play in the background. I was like what the heck is that?! I was really surprised...and the q doesn't pick up all the noise that the first gen naida does! Phonak has really stepped up the Q compared to the first gen naida. I really like it so far!

That's good about noise reduction. Do you find Sound Relax any good? I didn't have that on my Naida S 3s but have if on my Naida S 5s and find it very good. It on ya Quest 5 but not the Core 5.

Soundrelax what does that do again? Lol I'm so befuddled at all the new features of stuff and just put it on lol

Soundrelax what does that do again? Lol I'm so befuddled at all the new features of stuff and just put it on lol

It relaxes impulse sounds like door slamming, plates slamming etc etc. it's like doesn't make them as loud.

If you do not mind me asking

How much did it cost?

I am currently saving up for them

I tried to look up the price for those hearing aids but I could not find any prices on it

If you do not mind me asking

How much did it cost?

I am currently saving up for them

I tried to look up the price for those hearing aids but I could not find any prices on it

You would need to visit your audiologist as prices vary quite a lot.

I ordered some phonak naida ear hooks off a website which sells all sort of hearing aids including the Phonak Naida Q70 for $1450.00 each, which would give you an idea of pricing.

Back