new movie "the happening" Mark Wahlberg (April 2008)

Sunshinelady

Reaction score
when I saw this short movie "the happening", very interesting!!!
I would go to the cinema............I believe that.

2jdnbqh.jpg

Thanks for telling me.. I can't wait to see it. I like movies by M. Night Shyamalan and I'm also Stephen King Fan as well.

OOOO! thanks let us know abt that.. ofc my hubby and i will rent or buy own DVD to watch this..

Curious..is that scary movie or what?

that is not "horror movie". It is only explaining about why just happening, where come cause sick to people? just "bad environmental - chemical" in the world. that is interesting movie :)

Curious..is that scary movie or what?
In this movie, people start committing suicide for unknown reasons. It's like something (or a sickness?) is making these people commit suicide.

This is another one of M. Night Shyamalan movie that I am looking forward to. :)

SweetOrchid. I used to be into King big-time. But that was years ago.

Today I was in my local thrift shop hunting for books; you know sometimes you find a gem or two and you go home clicking your heels. You know the feeling. Well today I found The Stand (Complete and Uncut, Hardback) for only a buck. What a deal! I owned the novel already- the mass paperback version :)roll:): Now I have the hardback minus the book jacket. Ooh well, you can't win them all. But I'm happy with the book and can't wait to read it in a few months.

I make a list of books I want to read each year in a selected order per month...and this year The Stand is listed for May so I am looking forward to reading that classic novel with a million pages.

Now my all-time favorite King books are those of the Dark Tower series. What an amazing set of books- what a story!! I am assuming that The Stand is the prequel to the Dark Tower (not sure)? If you have read the Dark Tower books you know where I am coming from when I say GRAND.

King is certainly not the best writer...his books are not (and never will be) considered literature by any means. But he is a great storyteller and he knows how to bring the emotions out of the reader. I have grown out of King and now I read (only) the cream of the literary crop: Hemingway, Capote, Steinbeck, etc…the modern classics.

I will hold King in high regard though…simply because I was a big fan once. He brought me into books and led me to other writers in the business…the real writers.

Back