New Mexico School for the Deaf

illustrator

Reaction score
I went to Santa Fe, NM for my vacation with two sisters. I got chance to look at NMSD. The campus are full of adobe, you know clay building. It's quite small than I expect. But very nice place. I asked the staff who claim there are about 120+ deaf students from K-12 include pre-school.

I like their theatre, very simple but there is interest name they called it "James Little Theatre". I thought it's funny.

The odd about sport field, it's next to grave yard and railroad. I thought it's not good idea. :|

The view from the campus have beautiful sight of mountain with snow caps. The field are very pretty green. There is beautiful environment garden, impressive work by students.

I couldn't chance to meet all students because they were on final exam. Oh darn.

Cool...I have heard good things about that school -- a former staff of CSDF is supt of that school -- Ron Stern and a CSDF alumnus is a teacher there -- Adele Eberwein. :)

Went there few times while visiting my friends (NMSD alumni). Yes, that's true about that school is pretty close to the grave yard.

Every building made with adobe, that's nice. Surprise this school still alive after survived with bullshit rumors about shut down due of cut on funds.

Lasza said:
Went there few times while visiting my friends (NMSD alumni). Yes, that's true about that school is pretty close to the grave yard.

Every building made with adobe, that's nice. Surprise this school still alive after survived with bullshit rumors about shut down due of cut on funds.

shut down? interest...

Lasza said:
Well, with Ron Stern and his "superintendent" skill, NMSD will be likely close in several years.. Many good/average staffs included interpreter and me left there to different states or jobs because of Ron Stern. That's all I want to leave the "warning message" for you folks (Actually many staffs from CSDF warned us about him even before he become a supt of NMSD).

Yes, yes place (NMSD) is nice and all, I cannot deny on that one but job enivornment, salary and morale are joke. Even though I must admit that I missed working with students there :(

Last edited:
Back