Abigail Kay

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Abby! I've been trying to teach myself ASL for 2 years now and finally took a class at my college. My grandmas neighbor was born deaf, but got hearing aids as an adult and has forgotten most of her signing. I'd really like to become fluent and am looking for a pal who might be able to help me!

Welcome! I'm in ASL too but I am HoH. I used signed English in school when I was younger before I got my BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid). My Glide is broken but once it's fixed I don't mind helping practice!

Welcome! I'm in ASL too but I am HoH. I used signed English in school when I was younger before I got my BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid). My Glide is broken but once it's fixed I don't mind helping practice!
That would be much appreciated! I know ow what a BAHA is, I have a friend who got one in the spring, but I don't know what a glide is?

That would be much appreciated! I know ow what a BAHA is, I have a friend who got one in the spring, but I don't know what a glide is?

Glide is a video app, it's great for having convos in sign :) That's crazy with the BAHA, I don't know almost anyone with one myself, I know lots of people with CIs though.

Glide is a video app, it's great for having convos in sign :) That's crazy with the BAHA, I don't know almost anyone with one myself, I know lots of people with CIs though.
Oh sweet! Idk if it's similar, but have you heard of the marco polo app? You can have different threads for different conversations, each "message" is a video (similar to snapchat) but can be however long you want, and can be viewed whenever you want. It's always up there like a text. I'll have to check out glide though!

Hello, my name is Abby! I've been trying to teach myself ASL for 2 years now and finally took a class at my college. My grandmas neighbor was born deaf, but got hearing aids as an adult and has forgotten most of her signing. I'd really like to become fluent and am looking for a pal who might be able to help me!

Hello.. I'm Abby and I need help.. haha

Hey Abby :) I have also been teaching myself sign (my wife and I are trying to learn together) since we can't afford to take classes at university and it's the only option for d/Deaf and hard of hearing adults to learn sign in person unfortunately, at least here. Once I get a little more confident I'd be open to practicing with you :)

hi i just became deaf due to seizures and im trying to learn asl as well its scary for me i used to hear and now its forever silence

Back