New Member Coming Here

Speedy Hawk

Reaction score
My name is Sam. (Full first name is Samantha, only parents call me that).

I am 22 years old and live in England. I am in my final year at Computer Science course.

I am born Profoundly Deaf and uses BSL as my main language and speaking for family members.

I used to wear two aids but I haven't wore any for about 4/5 years because too many problems with it and hospital. Long story.

I have been reading some threads on here about 2/3 years now like a lurker! Lol. Some very interesting read.

Welcome to AD!
I sign BSL too (learning :P) but I don't live in the UK -yet =P

Have a great time here! :wave:

Welcome. Lurking for two or three years must be some kind of record!

Wirelessly posted

woo! I am living in the uk, using BSL and studying computer science at the end of this year! Where are you studying?

Welcome!

Near London, only 2 hours from London. I know I am only Deaf student at my course and whole ICT department. There one started this year at other course and one in 2nd year at another course.

Where are you studying yours?

Near London, only 2 hours from London. I know I am only Deaf student at my course and whole ICT department. There one started this year at other course and one in 2nd year at another course.

Where are you studying yours?

2 hours isn't that near London surely? It's half way to where I live up north. I was studying CS at York (and was the only Deaf student in the Computer Science department), I had to leave there though and will be restarting my studies in Liverpool most likely.

I didn't know a single deaf or hard of hearing person when I was at University, crazy!

2 hours isn't that near London surely? It's half way to where I live up north. I was studying CS at York (and was the only Deaf student in the Computer Science department), I had to leave there though and will be restarting my studies in Liverpool most likely.

I didn't know a single deaf or hard of hearing person when I was at University, crazy!

It is about 2 hours by the car and all that traffic. It only 20-30 minutes long by train.

Back