New mama with lots of questions!

We live in the Bay Area. Thanks to everyone for their replies. As for ASL I have been watching YouTube videos when I can and plan to take family classes online soon. My son responds to sound a lot (turns to his name, stops crying when I sing) so I look forward to our family being bilingual eventually. He is already doing weekly speech therapy as well.

We live in the Bay Area. Thanks to everyone for their replies. As for ASL I have been watching YouTube videos when I can and plan to take family classes online soon. My son responds to sound a lot (turns to his name, stops crying when I sing) so I look forward to our family being bilingual eventually. He is already doing weekly speech therapy as well.

YAY.....again speech is almost a given for HOH kids.....but it's good that he seems to be responding with speech and hearing intervention....maybe you could request Sign EI services too....the important thing to remember is that he's HARD of hearing.....not hearing...he's not audilogically deaf.....but HOH does not mean hearing.....

Back