New, looking for a Penpal (:

kayrosemcbeain

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Kayla. I've discovered my love for sign language and would like to meet others who share the same love! I'm also a military wife and would just love a penpal! I know there are probably a lot of people on here looking to learn ASL and those who are deaf are tired of hearing people and hearing the same thing over and over. But I just want to learn. I want someone to teach me. Teach me your way, and what you've learned along your journey being deaf, or learning ASL.

I'm 20 years old, currently live in Illinois, but for only 2 more months! The life of a military family! And mostly, I'm a good lisitener.

Tell me about you and your experiences :) we are all in this together through the love of/need to sign!

hi....have you asked within the military circle bc many soldiers are deaf

hi....have you asked within the military circle bc many soldiers are deaf

What!!!! There may be few soldiers who had lost their hearing in the war or combat like Hard Of Hearing (HOH). But most of the soldiers are all hearing otherwise they will likely be discharged from the military. Also maybe there might be some deaf (rarely) soldiers who want to be in the military careers. This will be a big test on them to prove that they can perform this unit or being in career. Wish the d/Deaf and HOH good luck.

Hi, I'm Kayla. I've discovered my love for sign language and would like to meet others who share the same love! I'm also a military wife and would just love a penpal! I know there are probably a lot of people on here looking to learn ASL and those who are deaf are tired of hearing people and hearing the same thing over and over. But I just want to learn. I want someone to teach me. Teach me your way, and what you've learned along your journey being deaf, or learning ASL.

I'm 20 years old, currently live in Illinois, but for only 2 more months! The life of a military family! And mostly, I'm a good lisitener.

Tell me about you and your experiences :) we are all in this together through the love of/need to sign!

Hi Kayla! I'm 21, and I also have a love for ASL. I think having a pen pal would be fun! :)

I think we have to come with a new term b/c no one use a pen for
communicate anymore. :giggle:

I'd be happy to sign with you, or just simple chat and be a pen pal. My husband is military as well, and my mother is a retired military member, and so was my grandpa. So I know whats that like. It can be tough. mcdo0316 is my user name feel free to add me if you'd like,

Back