New Jeep, New Platform

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jeep to use Alfa Milano platform
Chrysler plans to use Fiat's C-segment platform on future Jeep models.

The platform, as used on the Alfa Romeo Milano, is particularly flexible, as it can be used in two lengths, and take a four-wheel drive system.

As a result, Jeep plans to use it for lower end models, developing them both as more fuel efficient urban orientated cars and genuine off-roaders, in much the same way Skoda does with the Yeti.

To this end, Chrysler/Fiat is planning to build a production line for the platform in the US.

In addition, three limited edition Jeeps were unveiled at the Detroit motor show.

The Jeep Liberty Renegade will slot in between the Sport and Limited trim levels. Highlights include 16-inch wheels, a graphics package and a mildly revised interior.

The Jeep Wrangler Islander comes in 'surf blue' paintwork and has 17-inch wheels and various interior and exterior graphics.

The Jeep Wrangler Mountain is based on the S model and has 17-inch wheels, new style side steps, and rail guard and interior tweaks such as embossed seat inserts.

All three special editions are only available in the US.

good or bad?

Report: C-EVO-based Jeep on the way
Three months ago, Chrysler – under the control of Italian automaker Fiat after going through bankruptcy proceedings in the United States – unveiled a sweeping five-year business plan that would either replace or comprehensively rework every single product in the Pentastar's lineup. Included amongst the casualties will be the Jeep Patriot and Compass twins at the end of 2012.

Industry analysts have widely speculated that America would get a version of the Fiat Panda wearing the famous seven-slot Jeep grille. That vehicle would occupy the small end of the market, meaning that Jeep would need something to fall size-wise between it and the larger Grand Cherokee.

According to Autocar, Jeep will get another new CUV using an as-yet-unknown nameplate (Liberty?) that would be based on the Fiat's C-EVO platform – which will also be used for a number of Chrysler's midsize sedans and crossovers. We would imagine that the Jeep version would get suitably capable off-road equipment, but that remains to be seen.

good or bad?

Interesting, wait n see!

I was hoping that Jeep would start building JT! In other word it is Jeep Truck as PU truck.

I m suprised about Chrysler-Fiat merge. Alfa Milano engine for Jeep??
Alfa Milano engine in a Jeep? No way, Im siding with the OHV L4 & L6 and V8 engines not SOHC/DOHC engines. I feel like I beg the Chrylser do not smell
the euro motors.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/53801/jeep-to-use-fiat-c-evo-platform-for-new-models/

jeep-renegade-concept-2-big-625x468.jpg

Jiro, you may buy this vehicle. :giggle:

Chrysler adds fiat engine, Australian report said. :noway:
Chrysler adds Fiat power ? Car Reviews, News & Advice - carsales.com.au

Looks like I'll be hanging on to my 1995 Cherokee for a few more years.

Why dont you try a 2008 or 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 hemi V8?
Because I don't want a Grand Cherokee. I like regular Cherokees (which are no longer made). I don't need such a big car.

Alfa Milano engine in a Jeep? No way, Im siding with the OHV L4 & L6 and V8 engines not SOHC/DOHC engines. I feel like I beg the Chrylser do not smell
the euro motors.

You just dislike SOHC/DOHC because they are too much to work for you than OHV. Rethink! The OHV is outdated and it is very bad for fuel efficient and power.

Compare: The 3.5-liter V6 DOHC engine of 2003 Nissan Pathfinder has 240 hp, similar to 245 hp of the 5.9-liter V8 OHV engine of 2003 Dodge Durango.

That's why GM bankruptcy due most of vehicles use OHV engines. :laugh2:

You think DOHC engine is hard to rebuild? Try hybrid power system, they are very danger and hard than DOHC engine.

You just dislike SOHC/DOHC because they are too much to work for you than OHV. Rethink! The OHV is outdated and it is very bad for fuel efficient and power.

Compare: The 3.5-liter V6 DOHC engine of 2003 Nissan Pathfinder has 240 hp, similar to 245 hp of the 5.9-liter V8 OHV engine of 2003 Dodge Durango.

That's why GM bankruptcy due most of vehicles use OHV engines. :laugh2:

You think DOHC engine is hard to rebuild? Try hybrid power system, they are very danger and hard than DOHC engine.

and my Honda has a sohc VTEC which has more power than a brand new Chevy Aveo and they're both 1.6 liters. :laugh2: 127 hp vs 108 hp.

Because I don't want a Grand Cherokee. I like regular Cherokees (which are no longer made). I don't need such a big car.

I love Grand Cherokee. :D

Regular Cherokee has replaced into ugly Liberty so how is sad.

Looking out in my windows, see Cherokee in my driveway and still loving it! I agree! Cherokee is far better than Grand Cherokee. My co worker has Grand Cherokee and used to have Cherokee, guess what? He regretted! My supervisor had Cherokee, totalled it and said he missed that Cherokee. Both of them advised me not to sell my Cherokee if I don't have any problem with it. So, my Cherokee does not have any problem (Except AC which are no longer working)so I got to keep it.

Sad that last Cherokee model made in 2001. :( If they are still in production with 4.0L engine, I would be much likely going to buy brand new Cherokee, no question about it.

Back