New & Hoping To Learn

CompCowboy

Reaction score
Deaf due to surgery and stuck in-between worlds... trusting God. I am new to the forum and hoping to learn. I became deaf years ago, due to tumor / cranial surgery. I am seemingly wedged in-between two worlds, with barely 10% of the social outlets I used to have. I am deaf now and not great at lip reading (prefer ASL) and there are rarely people in my world who know ASL. I miss social interaction. I do know God is awesome and gives us all plenty of gifts, so we cannot become sad about 'life' taking away a gift or two... and I am not so much sad about it, as I am just needing to find avenues of more social interactions. How about any of you, have you experienced the same thing in any way?

Wirelessly posted

that not completely true....so many people noe asl ...i mean even hearing people these days wanna learn it in order to talk to deaf friends and relatives.....and happy or sad its only a freaking choice uve made

Wirelessly posted

that not completely true....so many people noe asl ...i mean even hearing people these days wanna learn it in order to talk to deaf friends and relatives.....and happy or sad its only a freaking choice uve made

As you are a hearing person from India, not sure what you think you know about the distribution of ASL users here.

Deaf due to surgery and stuck in-between worlds... trusting God. I am new to the forum and hoping to learn. I became deaf years ago, due to tumor / cranial surgery. I am seemingly wedged in-between two worlds, with barely 10% of the social outlets I used to have. I am deaf now and not great at lip reading (prefer ASL) and there are rarely people in my world who know ASL. I miss social interaction. I do know God is awesome and gives us all plenty of gifts, so we cannot become sad about 'life' taking away a gift or two... and I am not so much sad about it, as I am just needing to find avenues of more social interactions. How about any of you, have you experienced the same thing in any way?

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will be able to make friends here and feel less alone.

Where in Minn are you? There IS a fairly large Deaf community there

... I do know God is awesome and gives us all plenty of gifts, so we cannot become sad about 'life' taking away a gift or two... and I am not so much sad about it, as I am just needing to find avenues of more social interactions. How about any of you, have you experienced the same thing in any way?

In some ways I do experience the same thing except I was born deaf. I have a few "gifts" taken away from me, and it let me learn what is important to me.

Anyway, like you I do need to find more social opportunities. I am serious considering relocate to larger deaf community for better social opportunities.

I dont know where you are in Minnesota, I know there is deaf community in St. Pauls and Twin Cities--at least that's what I heard.

Back