New here

Hi Michele, I am recently deaf since March. How are you feeling? Being deaf is a bit nerve-racking, so here if you want to chat. :)

I also hear deafening noise in my ears. I think it helps...truly helps, is to make analogies for the sounds....one is like winds blowing & so I imagine a place where this happens:. South Sea islands, the Arctic....imagined places. This gives the sounds a form and identity. You can script this. You can alternate the different places that you imagine. I heard different noises in each ear. If you were like me the level of the sound the level of the noise alternates. Please remember also that you should go to your physician and get medication to help sedate you. Putting the television on and watching programs without sound or with subtitles is a good distraction and reading is particularly helpful because it takes you to a different world in your thoughts. Above all else, pray.... I went to college for music and was once a popular soprano singer and pianist. God bless.

Back