New Here...looking to reconnect with what I used to love..

bumble_bee0701

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,
I just want to say that i am hearing.
I took ASL for two years while I was in high school, and actually looked into making a career in interpreting. I got scared and backed out.
I fell in love with the culture and the language. I had an amazing teacher whose goal was submerse us into the culture as much as possible so that we could learn everything we could.
I miss signing and learning about Deaf culture and the beauty of signing.I just came across this site and thought I would try it out.
I'm just looking for some new friends.You can't have too many friends right?I would like some tips, and maybe help on improving my skills and would love to learn more about the culture etc. It's been two years since I was able to participate in anything that would allow me to sign and communicate with the Deaf world.Partly because I have been scared and nervous.

Sorry for the rant.Just wanted to say I was new here to the site and I look forward to meeting new people.

:wave:

Hi! Some great tools are Vocab builders on Youtube and ASL Pro. You may be able to google for deaf socials in your area, though I am not sure if hearing people are welcome at all of them. I have been lucky my town has a very open and friendly Deaf community. I have Skype under persephone.m if you want someone to sign with.

Would you really be interested in skyping with me?My ASL is still probably beginners and such.haha but I would love to make some new friends :)

Back