New here , coping ...

Reaction score
Hello everyone , Iam Safa Iam in my thirties and I have lost most of my hearing just this year , Iam trying to find my way around this ...
Iam happy that I found this place

Last edited:
Life is okay , I read lips usually but with Corona and masks it became harder and more isolating than ever to be honest , Iam in Dubai , people are not that sensitive here ,Iam going to the doctor's office tomorrow alone for the first time and Iam super worried ,wish me luck

Arab Emirates in Persian gulf
I don't use sign language , jst yet anyway but I think they have thier own

Don't know how useful would be to you, in your life, job ,world, but you should learn your local sign if not for you for others, and you may find others that can help you or you can help along the way, then there is a new international sign language, hasn't really taken off yet, saw some recently, a lot was understandable for me, here in America we have several variations, depending where you live:grouphug:

Don't know how useful would be to you, in your life, job ,world, but you should learn your local sign if not for you for others, and you may find others that can help you or you can help along the way, then there is a new international sign language, hasn't really taken off yet, saw some recently, a lot was understandable for me, here in America we have several variations, depending where you live:grouphug:
I always wondered how come sign language wasn't international ,, would've connected the whole world , anyway I will look into that for sure

Transitioning to becoming deaf is not a simple thing. Take your time, mourn your loss. Its a profound difference. My comfort with it all took many years. Be patient with yourself.

Sign Language is indeed wonderful, and the most practical and meaningful way to communicate with other human beings as a deaf person. The reason sign language changes (and isn't universal) is the same reason you have many spoken languages on Earth, with dialects and accents, etc. Sign Language is just another method of human language, and as such has many of the same dynamics. However, sign is not a spoken language...so it has several fundamental, unique, and quite amazing differences from spoken language.

Take your time with it all. Discover your local communities, learn and plug yourself in at YOUR speed. Nobody else's.

Guess what the third thing that came up on my you-tube today?, Dubai sign language, there was an other but lost it before I could get to it. :hmm: think the ghoust in the machine is trying to help . . . or what? If it was trying to help you think it wouldn't have dropped the other:ugh3:

Transitioning to becoming deaf is not a simple thing. Take your time, mourn your loss. Its a profound difference. My comfort with it all took many years. Be patient with yourself.

Sign Language is indeed wonderful, and the most practical and meaningful way to communicate with other human beings as a deaf person. The reason sign language changes (and isn't universal) is the same reason you have many spoken languages on Earth, with dialects and accents, etc. Sign Language is just another method of human language, and as such has many of the same dynamics. However, sign is not a spoken language...so it has several fundamental, unique, and quite amazing differences from spoken language.

Take your time with it all. Discover your local communities, learn and plug yourself in at YOUR speed. Nobody else's.
I will keep that in mind , it seems really tough now but I hope one day I can come in terms with it , thank you

Guess what the third thing that came up on my you-tube today?, Dubai sign language, there was an other but lost it before I could get to it. :hmm: think the ghoust in the machine is trying to help . . . or what? If it was trying to help you think it wouldn't have dropped the other:ugh3:
Hhhhh wow really ?
Your machine s definitely haunted , what a thoughtful ghost I must say

Back