New hearing aids

SJCSue

Reaction score
I'm eligible for new HAs to covered with my health insurance. I'm debating about whether or not get the ones which are completely covered by my insurance or the more expensive ones (I think the insurance pays a tiny faction of the total price). Which pair of HAs should I get? I have an audiogram later this month for the new HAs.

I recently just got the oticon opn. My insurance covered all of one and voc rehab covered the other. I love them. They are only my second pair of ha ever sooooo. Not much experience in that department.

I'm eligible for new HAs to covered with my health insurance. I'm debating about whether or not get the ones which are completely covered by my insurance or the more expensive ones (I think the insurance pays a tiny faction of the total price). Which pair of HAs should I get? I have an audiogram later this month for the new HAs.

What I have added the bold to will tell you more than any of us can. The less expensive ones may do a very good job or not depending on the results of the tests.

Update: the current plan for new HAs is the free (insurance-covered ones). Instead of paying for new HAs, I am planning to buy myself a new iPad (either a iPad Mini or a 5th generation one).

I don't have the option of buying what my insurance covers - I did that once and my hearing is just too severe for the low end models, so I had to pay for new pair - high end - out of pocket. Never again. Congrats on iPad! Whatever works for you....:)

Laura

Update: the current plan for new HAs is the free (insurance-covered ones). Instead of paying for new HAs, I am planning to buy myself a new iPad (either a iPad Mini or a 5th generation one).
YAY!

I had my appointment on Wednesday. I am getting the insurance covered ones. I will post a picture of my new HAs when I get them.

I was so lucky! I went for a test and to get new devices in 2015 because hubby was retiring in 2016. I was told, " well, until last year you had to pay 20%, but this year (2015) they decided to cover 100%. :applause:

I have always had to luck to pay for them out of my pocket. (insurance would not cover them)
That being said, the last pair was a "made for iPhone" and I love the way they streamed calls.
Only way I can talk on a phone.

I figured that I would give an update. I'm picking up the new HA's next Wednesday (11/22). The appointment was supposed to be last Wednesday (11/08) but I had a job interview scheduled before I learned about the appointment. So, I went to the interview instead. I have a mild to moderate loss so I'm getting BTE's with the thin tubes.

Last edited:
I picked them up short time ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    942 KB · Views: 15
I was so lucky! I went for a test and to get new devices in 2015 because hubby was retiring in 2016. I was told, " well, until last year you had to pay 20%, but this year (2015) they decided to cover 100%. :applause:

That’s awesome! I was very fortunate that my daughters hearing aids were 100% covered too. HUGE relief. Unfortunately the batteries still come out of pocket.

I recently just got the oticon opn. My insurance covered all of one and voc rehab covered the other. I love them. They are only my second pair of ha ever sooooo. Not much experience in that department.
nice! (I was gonna look at them maybe early next year or 2019) *hopefully everything stays the same unless if I need more SPL*

Back