New hearing aids - brand recommendations

esnon

Reaction score
I have approximately 10-year old hearing aids (BTE Oticon Gaia) and I'm looking to buy new ones. There are some features I didn't like about Gaia compared to previous hearing aids (these were first digital hearing aids). I talked to an audiologist last year or so and he recommended Audibel. I wasn't too impressed with the line - Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze (different warranties and number of channels as far as I can tell). I've had Phonak hearing aids when I was growing up. I heard good things about Siemens.

The shop I go to for hearing aid repairs and new ear molds has changed ownership though the new owner seems to push Audibel as well. I might look for another audiologist.

I mainly wear hearing aids for my enjoyment - music and movies as well as help me understand others when they speak.

I think highly of Phonak HAs. I wear the Phonak Sky Q70 UPs.

I have approximately 10-year old hearing aids (BTE Oticon Gaia) and I'm looking to buy new ones. There are some features I didn't like about Gaia compared to previous hearing aids (these were first digital hearing aids). I talked to an audiologist last year or so and he recommended Audibel. I wasn't too impressed with the line - Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze (different warranties and number of channels as far as I can tell). I've had Phonak hearing aids when I was growing up. I heard good things about Siemens.

The shop I go to for hearing aid repairs and new ear molds has changed ownership though the new owner seems to push Audibel as well. I might look for another audiologist.

I mainly wear hearing aids for my enjoyment - music and movies as well as help me understand others when they speak.

I had an Oticon Gaia in the past too! (might wanna check out the OPNs too, I'm gonna ask next appt though since hearing aid on my right is from '14)
*yeah, my Gaia doesn't have a volume switch so you should keep that feature in mind too*

as for Siemens, had one as a baby with no issues!

Phonak have always been good for me, i doubt i would ever consider another brand

I have Resound Linx and would recommend those. I switched from Phonak to these primarily due to the direct iPhone connectivity. That feature alone makes these far better than alternatives. No more bulky com pilot around my neck all day.

Only you are going to know which hearing aid is going to be right for you. Since you are used to the Oticon sound you may find other HA's sound not right for you. For me I found Phonaks sound to be very mechanical, but Oticon's was very natural. Bernafon also has a similar sound to Oticon, but since it's owned by the same holding company it probably uses or has similar technology. I also found Resound to have a sound similar to the Oticon and Bernafon HA"s.

Only you are going to know which hearing aid is going to be right for you.

We can tell you which brand or brands have held up well for us in the sense of not needing frequent repairs but as seb says only YOU know which sounds the best for you.

Only you are going to know which hearing aid is going to be right for you. Since you are used to the Oticon sound you may find other HA's sound not right for you. For me I found Phonaks sound to be very mechanical, but Oticon's was very natural. Bernafon also has a similar sound to Oticon, but since it's owned by the same holding company it probably uses or has similar technology. I also found Resound to have a sound similar to the Oticon and Bernafon HA"s.

also that's why I was looking at the Enzos too for my mom one day. (thankfully they have a 675 version if she wants that one LOL)

“We can tell you which brand or brands have held up well for us in the sense of not needing frequent repairs but as seb says only YOU know which sounds the best for you.“

I’d love that. Will start a post

Back