New HDTVs May Soon Be Obsolete? Thanks a Lot, 3D

I don't think I would like to watch 3D everyday. It probably would be odd with 3D closed captions. As I've never seen a 3D movie with captions on it. :dunno:

I don't think I would like to watch 3D everyday. It probably would be odd with 3D closed captions. As I've never seen a 3D movie with captions on it. :dunno:
I have and there's no difference.

That is probably true that the HDTV prices will be much lower so that everyone will be happy.

You would imagine if we wear our 3-D glasses, we would feel that we are in the reality, and taking our clothes off, and then we go to swim in the beach. Oops! We broke our HDTV glass! Your family would be shock that you are naked in the living room. :iolol: :wiggle:

The 3D viewed through colored glasses isn't great as color fidelity is significantly damaged but I've read that the gray colored glasses retain better color. I'll check out the movie, Avatar.

one more thing.. .you can VIEW 3D movies with HDTV... no modifications required if it's the red/green 3D format.

I don't know. I have lazy eye and I can't read 3D very well.

Sometime, people asked me that my left eye is blind. I have one weak muscle (not really lazy eye).
No problem for me to use 3D glasses.

Two times, we watched "Avatar" at IMAX with 3D.

3D never takes off. It's a fad that comes and go. the 50s, then the 60s, then the 70s and last the 80s with JAWS in 3D. It won't grab hold of anybody.

Yiz

3D never takes off. It's a fad that comes and go. the 50s, then the 60s, then the 70s and last the 80s with JAWS in 3D. It won't grab hold of anybody.

Yiz
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing.

If they truly want 3D, they will have to make it where we can see the action happening in our own room without the use of 3D glasses.

*thinking holodeck from Star Trek* ;)

The normal HDTVs will be around for a long time...so I don't think 3D HDTVs will be a big hit anyway. We can see 3-D movies on a blu ray, anyway. If you want virtual reality, go buy that.

However, in order for you to see the 3D picture, you'll also need a special pair of glasses.

This is old news, but still a nice touch. 2-D won't be obsolete anytime soon, but 3-D will be an option for the rich. Id love a 3-D monitor :)

Yiz

Actually, 3D is more popular than ever nowadays. It's a whole different concept from the 3D concept from the earlier decades. It's no longer the red and blue pair of glasses, it's just a tinted and clear pair of glasses.

Although I wouldn't say it will become mainstream, it would be a niche market. Regardless, the option is there for people to choose from.

3D never takes off.

Make me think of movie "Back to the Future".

Biff Tannen's friend always worn 3D glasses
biff-back-to-the-future.jpg

Make me think of movie "Back to the Future".

Biff Tannen's friend always worn 3D glasses
biff-back-to-the-future.jpg
of course, I was watching Back to the future Part II last night, and never got bored with it, at all. It was one of the best classics indeed. Apologises for the off topic

Back to topic, just read a article the other day, at the CES, they are showing a new generation of the 3D TV, that you can just simply insert a DVD (non-3D format) and the TV will view it in 3D from the TV. :eek:

Wow.

You do? I have a lazy eye, too. I sort have trouble seeing 3-D with special 3-D glasses.

I have lazy eyes......yes both my eyes have weak muscles also. My right eye is worse than my left. I was told that not being able to see 3d correctly had something to do with an astigmatism. :dunno:

Back